Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Article on the 2 Knights by GM Zvjaginsev (Read 614 times)
Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Re: Article on the 2 Knights by GM Zvjaginsev
Reply #7 - 04/25/19 at 20:36:42
Post Tools
Hmm, I've never subscribed to the Chopin site, but I was planning to at some point in the future. I'm too late now apparently. Sad
I hope at least the material currently on the site can be saved and kept in circulation as one or more bundles available for purchase.

My plan was to eventually follow both ChessPublishing, Chopin/Chess Openings 24-7 and CBM - all digital, continually updated sources that don't take up any shelf space (as physical-only, the NIC Yearbooks are behind the times in this respect).

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #6 - 04/25/19 at 12:25:49
Post Tools
Yes, I eventually found my way there too, while I was trying to figure out how to subscribe. You're right, it looks as though there's some valuable material on the site and it would be a shame if it all simply vanished into the ether. I've contacted them to see if they'd be interested in selling me the pgn files to the three-part article you kindly tracked down for me, so we'll see what happens about that.

IP Logged

mangler

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 04/25/19 at 11:37:31
Post Tools
I backed out to the main page, and there is a message that they are discontinuing their service. I was able to register, but cannot subscribe, as they are shutting down. I hate to post another link, but here you go:
https://www.chessopenings24-7.com/

Too bad, looks like the site had a lot of good information, and I wonder what will happen to it.

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #4 - 04/25/19 at 09:05:43
Post Tools
an ordinary chessplayer wrote on 04/25/19 at 03:42:00:
Are you talking about 8.Bd3 Nd5 9.Nf3 Bd6 10.O-O O-O 11.Re1 f5!? on pages 104-105? It's in Part 3 at mangler's second link. But you need to subscribe in order to see more than the first move of any variation. Since Zviaginsev's main line is 9...Nf4, all you can see of the variation is 9...Bd6 unclear.

Thanks very much for this. Yes, that line is indeed the one I was looking for. I'd tried clicking the 'Subscribe' and 'Register' links below the article and got 'Page not found' in both cases, and I assumed – clearly incorrectly – that the articles as presented were complete.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer

I used to be not bad.

Reply #3 - 04/25/19 at 03:42:00
Post Tools
Seeley wrote on 04/24/19 at 10:45:05:
Oddly enough, the specific line that Lokander refers to in his book isn't mentioned in any of these articles ...
Are you talking about 8.Bd3 Nd5 9.Nf3 Bd6 10.O-O O-O 11.Re1 f5!? on pages 104-105? It's in Part 3 at mangler's second link. But you need to subscribe in order to see more than the first move of any variation. Since Zviaginsev's main line is 9...Nf4, all you can see of the variation is 9...Bd6 unclear.

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #2 - 04/24/19 at 10:45:05
Post Tools
Thank you so much for tracking these down for me. Your resourcefulness with search tools is clearly far greater than mine! Oddly enough, the specific line that Lokander refers to in his book isn't mentioned in any of these articles, so it seems Zvjaginsev must have written prolifically on this variation and there must be even more material lurking out there somewhere. I hadn't realised this was the case. Nevertheless, the links you've found for me contain a number of interesting ideas I hadn't come across before and are certainly going to be of great use. Thanks again for your help.

IP Logged

mangler

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 04/24/19 at 00:00:30
Post Tools
I found this link. Second games might be of interest.

http://www.masschess.org/chess_horizons/chess-horizons-article.aspx?ch_uid=141

The original article appears to be https://www.chessopenings24-7.com/chess.html?show=3

Just sort on the editor, and scroll down the list to find it. Looks like 3 parts. Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Seeley

Article on the 2 Knights by GM Zvjaginsev
04/23/19 at 22:19:05
Post Tools
In The Open Games With Black, by Martin Lokander, the author refers to an opening article by GM Vadim Zvjaginsev discussing the line 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Ng5 d5 5.exd5 Na5 6.Bb5+ c6 7.dxc6 bxc6 8.Bd3. Lokander doesn't specify where the article appears, nor is this immediately apparent from the bibliography. Does anybody know where Zvjaginsev's article can be found? Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo