Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Igor Rausis caught cheating in Strasbourg (Read 4161 times)
Seeley

Re: Igor Rausis caught cheating in Strasbourg
Reply #3 - 07/19/19 at 21:34:11
Post Tools
From the quote in the link RoleyPoley provides, Rausis has only admitted to cheating in that one game during which he was caught. Perhaps this is the position he'll stick to, as there's only circumstantial evidence to suggest he was doing this regularly or consistently. Perhaps also he's wary that an apology might be construed as an admission of guilt above and beyond this one incident.

IP Logged

gillbod

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 07/19/19 at 20:08:42
Post Tools
A bit disappointing that he doesn't seem to show any remorse or anything. Just 'Oh well, I'll stop playing chess. Don't do what I did, kids.'.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 07/19/19 at 12:29:59
Post Tools
RoleyPoley wrote on 07/13/19 at 16:03:52:
Igor Rausis was caught using a phone at a tournament in Strasbourg and has admitted to cheating. Given the recent stories, and the reaction from a lot of professional players about the increase in his rating, i guess this isnt too unexpected.

Yes, his rating progress was already more than suspicious. If he had stopped at 2550 no-one would have noticed, but he just got too greedy.

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
YaBB Moderator

I Love ChessPublishing!

Igor Rausis caught cheating in Strasbourg
07/13/19 at 16:03:52
Post Tools
Igor Rausis was caught using a phone at a tournament in Strasbourg and has admitted to cheating. Given the recent stories, and the reaction from a lot of professional players about the increase in his rating, i guess this isnt too unexpected.

https://chess24.com/en/read/news/gm-igors-rausis-allegedly-caught-cheating

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo