Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Chess in the news (Read 1449 times)
RdC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Chess in the news
Reply #1 - 07/22/19 at 09:12:02
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 07/21/19 at 11:15:38:
. Yesterday I got a copy of the Times and noticed two photos of Simon Williams and Gary Quillan ... in an article about pension scams!

Not that the chess world knew about it, but the pensions involvement was some years ago. Several of the Companies involved, SKW Investments being one of them have subsequently been liquidated. The scheme they were marketing was challenged by the taxman and those who took advantage hit by a heavy tax bill. There are legal cases on record where this was challenged. That's probably how the Times got the names. At least one of the legal reports names SKW Investments without associating Simon with it.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Chess in the news
07/21/19 at 11:15:38
Post Tools
I came back to the UK for a couple of weeks' holiday and read two newspapers. Last Saturday someone showed me the article about Rausis together with toilet photo in the Daily Mail. Yesterday I got a copy of the Times and noticed two photos of Simon Williams and Gary Quillan ... in an article about pension scams!
To be fair the result of a simultaneous display was also mentioned in the pensions article, although it didn't seem particularly relevant.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo