Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Modernised Dutch by Demuth (Read 846 times)
TD

Feyenoord forever!

Re: Modernised Dutch by Demuth
Reply #6 - 07/31/19 at 07:19:58
Post Tools
I think it's strange that Demuth doesn't mention the books from Karolyi in the Bibliography.

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #5 - 07/30/19 at 22:32:09
Post Tools
Leon_Trotsky wrote on 07/30/19 at 21:36:21:
I find strange they spelt the title with American spellings though.

They do that with all their titles in the 'Modernized' series, though oddly they fail to adopt a consistent approach to '-ise' and '-ize' endings within the text from one book to the next.

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Reply #4 - 07/30/19 at 21:36:21
Post Tools
This is the inkijksexemplaar:

http://www.debestezet.nl/catalog/images/PDF/The%20Modernized%20Dutch%20Defense.p...

I cannot tell from either the Tafel of Contents, Introduction or the excerpt pages itself if it is 7...c6 or not. My guess is it should be.

I find strange they spelt the title with American spellings though.

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

всем!

Reply #3 - 07/27/19 at 05:25:03
Post Tools
The guy has a vidéo series on London on chess24 (en français) and I thought that his Réti book was original in his recommending of qwirky lines. He seems to me be more of the kind of unorthodox player when it concerns openings. I am excited to see this book, probably will pre-order soon.

7...De8 seems to be over a cloud now, or at least it was my impression, due to when White tries to bust open the e-file quickly putting the rook on e1 and playing e4. I vaguely remember Pruijsser's Dutch repertoire with 7...De8, and the line where Black accepted a pawn sacrifice by taking loose pawn on c4 looked slightly scary for Black, to me.

A very qwirky choice would be 7...Cc6 like Nakamura, although in his game with Jeffrey Xiong he put the knight on a5. The only line that I remember from this line is Black puts it on e5 and tries to launch a mad KID-style kingside attack with ...g5/...f4.

I would be happy with 7...c6, and it looks like Demuth is going to choose this anyway.

IP Logged

TD

Feyenoord forever!

Reply #2 - 07/27/19 at 03:04:56
Post Tools
MW wrote on 07/26/19 at 19:32:04:
I thought Quality Chess were also putting out a book on the Leningrad by Marin but they haven't said anything about it for a while now so I guess it is not going ahead.

The QC book is scheduled for the end of this year.

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 07/26/19 at 19:32:04
Post Tools
Leon_Trotsky wrote on 07/25/19 at 23:42:45:
It says that will publish in August 2019. My guess is Leningrad with 7...c6 (¿)

He has been playing the 7....c6 line recently so I suspect that your guess will be correct...

Sounds like another interesting book from GM Demuth and Thinkers Publishing. I thought Quality Chess were also putting out a book on the Leningrad by Marin but they haven't said anything about it for a while now so I guess it is not going ahead.

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

всем!

Modernised Dutch by Demuth
07/25/19 at 23:42:45
Post Tools
Another Thinkers Publishing book:

http://chessbookshop.com/katalog_detail.asp?ant=False&kodknihy=8680&page=1&id=&l...

It says that will publish in August 2019. My guess is Leningrad with 7...c6 (¿)

His Réti book was interesting, this book looks big too at 470

In addition to Delchew's Grünfeld, this makes two books on 1. d4 for Black in August.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo