Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Desktop setup for chess analysis (Read 2057 times)
Pawnpusher

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Desktop setup for chess analysis
Reply #1 - 08/09/19 at 10:57:04
Post Tools
There is a considerable thread on the computer chess forum that addresses some of your questions? I think it is worth a look.

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Desktop setup for chess analysis
08/08/19 at 17:59:36
Post Tools
Hi all,

not much going on in this sub-forum it seems. But I will try to get a discussion started at least.

Currently, I have a 4 year old computer, Intel core i5-6600k, 32 GB RAM@2133 MHz. I recently  upgraded my GPU to an Nvidia RTX 2060. I have CB 15, Stockfish 10 and Lc0 setup. On top of my chess interest, I also like photography and have also started to do some video editing, both 1080 and 4k videos. Therefore, I am considering buying a new computer.

I might get another RTX2060, but am not sure yet. My main problem is what CPU to aim for. The new Ryzen 3000-series looks very interesting. However, I can't decide which one to get and what mobo to pair it with. I want to have the possibility to add 2 NVMe M.2. I think I'll get the Ryzen 5 3600 instead of my first plan, the 7 3700x. The difference is about $150, which I feel is better spent on a X570 mobo or the GPU.

Anyone else that has looked into the new Ryzen series and know what is most priceworthy for chess analysis?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo