Latest Updates:
Normal Topic ChessBase 15 crashes, renames game files (Read 89 times)
Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Re: ChessBase 15 crashes, renames game files
Reply #2 - 08/16/19 at 04:45:19
Post Tools
It usually becomes sticky and there is lag. Then after some clicks, ChessBase freezes and the window with says "Close programme" appears.

When I close and re-open, many game file names are switched all over the place.

This is supremely annoying, because I spend at least ten minutes per day renaming my game files.

IP Logged

JFugre
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: ChessBase 15 crashes, renames game files
Reply #1 - 08/13/19 at 10:38:16
Post Tools
Are you running out of memory? Unlike other chess programs, Leela uses more and more memory as you analyze. They haven't implemented tree culling.

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

ChessBase 15 crashes, renames game files
08/13/19 at 04:54:52
Post Tools
I do not know why, when I run Leela for long time periods it lags my entire computer. Sometimes it gets so heavy that ChessBase crashes saying "ChessBase is not responding" and prompts me to close. When I re-open ChessBase, many of my game files in a databank, such as repertoire databank, get the player names mixed up. Many times so bad that analysis files get switched names from other game files.

For example, I have file on Winawer that is classified as "Line" in the databank, and a game between Ding Liren and Yu Yangyi in the same databank. ChessBase crashes, I re-open and see that repertoire database has renamed files with French file labelled half correctly, showing as game between "Winawer, 7. h4" as White and then Black name shows "Yu Yangyi", switching the Black player name from a previously saved game. I probably have several hundred renamed game files in the databank from crashes.

Does anyone have this weird error with ChessBase crashes, and how do you solve it ¿

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo