Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Why didn't Carlsen claim a draw against Ding? (Read 4941 times)
MaxJudd

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Why didn't Carlsen claim a draw against Ding?
Reply #14 - 09/15/19 at 10:37:40
Post Tools
I switch from Chrome to Edge which seems to make allowing Flash a little easier.  Is there a similar pgn tool that isn't based on Flash?

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #13 - 09/02/19 at 00:45:09
Post Tools
AlanG wrote on 09/01/19 at 08:33:55:
It works now in htttp mode, once you've enabled flash. (On chrome, at least.)

Thanks for the tip!

I actually got it to work in Firefox too now, by manually removing the 's' in https: in the address bar and then clicking to allow Flash after I reloaded the page.

But it can get tiring to do this manually every time. Is there a way to make Chesspub + Flash an exception using http while doing everything else in https?
« Last Edit: 09/02/19 at 02:13:21 by Stigma »  

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

Confused_by_Theory
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #12 - 09/01/19 at 19:56:35
Post Tools
Hi.

Blitz, like rapid, is played under competition rules if there is just one game and a suitable scorekeeping person. The penalty in blitz is one minute, both for incorrect moves and draw claims. The players would consult with the scorekeeper if there was disagreement over the repetition. What's surprising to me was that Magnus didn't claim the draw even though second possibility he got it would have been a fourfold repetition (not three).

Fun story. I did tiebreak scorekeeping once (at the end of a long day but still) and failed somewhat when the game got long and quite seriously dry. A dozen spectators saw me frantically trying to get it right and few were not happy (the looks i got Cheesy) Managed to fix the scoresheet quite quickly though.

Also. I thought this was rapid round at first (No though) Isn't like one whole day set aside for tiebreaks? Is there some good reason for only having two rapid games?

Have a nice night.

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Reply #11 - 09/01/19 at 08:49:48
Post Tools
From experience, I found that in time scrambles with no scoresheet (e.g. playoffs like these), noticing a three-move repetition is quite difficult. Even with a scoresheet, playing in a time scramble it is easy to just forget about or not notice these things.

You spend your seconds sweating over what to do at the board. Trying to remember if the position was repeated at least three times when you have less than five seconds left requires quite high multitasking abilities.

And I am not sure if you can stop the clock and ask the arbitre, "Did I repeat three times ¿ I do not know" and make the arbitre check. Or take a gamble and claim three-move repetition without knowing and risk looking silly when it was repeated only two times.

IP Logged

AlanG

Reply #10 - 09/01/19 at 08:33:55
Post Tools
It works now in htttp mode, once you've enabled flash. (On chrome, at least.)

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

Reply #9 - 08/31/19 at 21:51:01
Post Tools
BobbyDigital80 wrote on 08/31/19 at 20:57:45:
I just edited my post to include all those PGN fields. Still doesn't work!

Not surprising. I think it's at least half a year since this worked, probably more.

IP Logged

BobbyDigital80

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 08/31/19 at 20:57:45
Post Tools
Stigma wrote on 08/31/19 at 17:14:09:
BobbyDigital80 wrote on 08/31/19 at 10:09:13:
How do you add a playable PGN game?

Is the code the same thing as "copy game" in Fritz? I just pasted the moves in PGN and selected the "insert PGN Game" from the menu on here.

You did it the right way. I assume Tony didn't stop to check that. Maybe it's better to include the pgn fields ([Event "?"], [Site "?"], [Date "????.??.??"], [Round "?"], [White "?"], [Black "?"], [Result "?"], etc.) at the start of the pgn string, but I believe it used to work even without that.

It's just that the playable pgn plugin here on ChessPub hasn't been working for a long time. There has to be a way to fix this, but I'm no expert.

I just edited my post to include all those PGN fields. Still doesn't work!

IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #7 - 08/31/19 at 19:12:12
Post Tools
I have not been able to use the playable PGN feature for a while.

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

Reply #6 - 08/31/19 at 17:14:09
Post Tools
BobbyDigital80 wrote on 08/31/19 at 10:09:13:

Is the code the same thing as "copy game" in Fritz? I just pasted the moves in PGN and selected the "insert PGN Game" from the menu on here.

You did it the right way. I assume Tony didn't stop to check that. Maybe it's better to include the pgn fields ([Event "?"], [Site "?"], [Date "????.??.??"], [Round "?"], [White "?"], [Black "?"], [Result "?"], etc.) at the start of the pgn string, but I believe it used to work even without that.

It's just that the playable pgn plugin here on ChessPub hasn't been working for a long time. There has to be a way to fix this, but I'm no expert.

IP Logged

Confused_by_Theory
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 08/31/19 at 14:34:26
Post Tools
Hi.

I think it might have been a mental lock kind of thing that Carlsen got. This or he wasn't sure enough of the threefold's correctness to make the claim. Potentially giving two minutes to the opponent could be big in a 10s delay game. Carlsen had two different occasions to claim the draw though (with the same configuration both times) so I don't know. Seems he should have understood by the time the fourfold repetition was about to happen.

Have a nice day.

IP Logged

BobbyDigital80

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 08/31/19 at 10:09:13
Post Tools
How do you add a playable PGN game?grandpatzer wrote on 08/31/19 at 09:52:10:
BobbyDigital80 wrote on 08/31/19 at 07:31:32:
In Game 3 of the playoffs of the Sinquefield tournament in St. Louis, Carlsen could've claimed a draw against Ding, both on move 72 and 73. I wonder why he didn't. It seems fairly obvious a three-fold repetition occurred.

Maybe, considering the tension of blitz playoff, plus obvious zeitnot, he didn't notice that there has been a three-moves repetition?

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 08/31/19 at 09:52:10
Post Tools
BobbyDigital80 wrote on 08/31/19 at 07:31:32:
In Game 3 of the playoffs of the Sinquefield tournament in St. Louis, Carlsen could've claimed a draw against Ding, both on move 72 and 73. I wonder why he didn't. It seems fairly obvious a three-fold repetition occurred.

Maybe, considering the tension of blitz playoff, plus obvious zeitnot, he didn't notice that there has been a three-moves repetition?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #2 - 08/31/19 at 08:38:01
Post Tools
BobbyDigital80 wrote on 08/31/19 at 07:45:29:

You just copy the code (from ChessBase, say) click on the 'PGN' button above and then paste the game into the post.

IP Logged

BobbyDigital80

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 08/31/19 at 07:45:29
Post Tools

IP Logged

BobbyDigital80

I Love ChessPublishing!

Why didn't Carlsen claim a draw against Ding?
08/31/19 at 07:31:32
Post Tools

« Last Edit: 08/31/19 at 20:56:39 by BobbyDigital80 »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo