Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Ding (Read 318 times)
VGA
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Ding
Reply #3 - 09/12/19 at 18:05:50
Post Tools
Aronian, really? He is past his peak, he is not getting any younger and he doesn't do well in the Candidates atmosphere it seems.

Also, I hope we don't see Caruana again, he had his chance. MVL or Ding, sure. Sad that MVL missed the last Candidates but Kramnik turned out to be a good wildcard pick Cheesy

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 09/07/19 at 10:41:34
Post Tools
Sure, but we have to admit that a lot of Magnus wins in recent times, too, came out from apparently drawish middlegames or endgames, thanks to his ability to convert minimal advantages, or to his opponents inaccurate play. All considered, I see Ding and Caruana, with maybe MVL and Aronian too, as favourites for the next Candidates tournament. Let's see...

IP Logged

halbstark
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 09/02/19 at 23:42:45
Post Tools
Ding is playing on 2800-level for quite some time. This might have been the strongest tournament he has ever won, but his score was "only" +2 and for example he was super lucky against Anand (and Magnus was not himself in the tiebreak), so I don´t really see him different than before. That means he is still one of the main contenders for the next world championchip match, but I would still not pick him over Fabi for example.

On a side note: I loved Ding´s style much more, when he unleashed the Kings Indian in every game:)

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Ding
08/31/19 at 09:55:43
Post Tools
After St. Louis it seems that Ding is definitely the new rising star of chess... Of course a tournament is just a tournament and it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be the next world champion... What are your thoughts?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo