Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Caruana's 3 DVD's on Ruy López for White (Read 10645 times)
Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Re: Caruana's 3 DWD's on Ruy López for White
Reply #10 - 09/13/19 at 20:47:50
Post Tools
I always pronounce it "dí wí dí" when speaking, so that is how I spell it.

I am wondering to buy this, even though I do not play 1. e4 as White. I am interested in the Spanish as Black though. But it is a three-volume set, and over 70€.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #9 - 09/13/19 at 19:43:10
Post Tools
Haha, DWD is not a typo. He does that stuff on purpose.

IP Logged

trw
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 09/13/19 at 18:15:52
Post Tools
Am I the only one that it took a while to realize DWD was just a typo for DVD? At first I thought, Deadly Weapons of D?  Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #7 - 09/13/19 at 11:22:20
Post Tools
RoleyPoley wrote on 09/13/19 at 09:54:00:
Nope. I think Chessbase continue to require access to it's own software to run (or at least in order to see the board).

Oh dear, thats a big pity  Sad

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 09/13/19 at 09:54:00
Post Tools
Keano wrote on 09/13/19 at 08:27:15:
This sounds interesting, but will the DVD play as a normal video on the TV? The chessbase DVD by Kasparov on the Queens Gambit did that, but the next one I bought did not and I haven't bought one since.

Hopefully Chessbase have rectified this issue by now. I'd be interested in this one.

Nope. I think Chessbase continue to require access to it's own software to run (or at least in order to see the board).

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 09/13/19 at 09:52:47
Post Tools
IsaVulpes wrote on 09/13/19 at 09:09:14:
Leon_Trotsky wrote on 09/12/19 at 21:38:10:
In the excerpt video, he has some guy sitting next to him during the presentation. Not sure what his function is  Cheesy

Hopefully his function is to reel in Caruana when he spits out a 40 move deep line in 5 seconds without even showing it on the board!  Wink

Very curious how this will end up looking, some sample vid would be nice to have. Could be the best thing ever (and sorely missed, as mainline Spanish has been a huge gap in the market for a good while now), could be largely unwatchable - very much depends on how well Caruana is able to transport his undoubtedly endless knowledge into this format, and make it digestible for people below 2800.

Adding a second person into the presentation should help ensure this is the case by asking the sorts of questions those watching may be interested in.

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #4 - 09/13/19 at 09:13:36
Post Tools
IsaVulpes wrote on 09/13/19 at 09:09:14:
Hopefully his function is to reel in Caruana when he spits out a 40 move deep line in 5 seconds without even showing it on the board!  Wink

Very curious how this will end up looking, some sample vid would be nice to have. Could be the best thing ever (and sorely missed, as mainline Spanish has been a huge gap in the market for a good while now), could be largely unwatchable - very much depends on how well Caruana is able to transport his undoubtedly endless knowledge into this format, and make it digestible for people below 2800.

I have found Caruana in his post game interviews very good at explaining games in positional terms, I would have no worries on that front.

IP Logged

IsaVulpes

No.

Reply #3 - 09/13/19 at 09:09:14
Post Tools
Leon_Trotsky wrote on 09/12/19 at 21:38:10:
In the excerpt video, he has some guy sitting next to him during the presentation. Not sure what his function is  Cheesy

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #2 - 09/13/19 at 08:27:15
Post Tools
This sounds interesting, but will the DVD play as a normal video on the TV? The chessbase DVD by Kasparov on the Queens Gambit did that, but the next one I bought did not and I haven't bought one since.

Hopefully Chessbase have rectified this issue by now. I'd be interested in this one.

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #1 - 09/12/19 at 22:22:17
Post Tools
some guy = IM Oliver Reeh of ChessBase

IP Logged

Leon_Trotsky

Кто был никем — тот станет
всем!

Caruana's 3 DVD's on Ruy López for White
09/12/19 at 21:38:10
Post Tools
https://shop.chessbase.com/de/products/fabiano_caruana_navigating_the_ruy_lopez_...

I just saw this today. At first I thought it was for Black, but it is actually a White repertoire.

I was hoping that Caruana's first publication would be a Petroff book for Black. I did not expect him to do DWD's. He seems very shy, and I did not expect him to do video work. Or at least that was my impression.
« Last Edit: 09/23/19 at 19:38:14 by GMTonyKosten »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo