Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Caro-Kann 4. ...Nd7 + 5. ...h6 (Read 991 times)
gewgaw
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Caro-Kann 4. ...Nd7 + 5. ...h6
Reply #2 - 12/25/19 at 13:24:08
Post Tools
Hi bragesjo,

check your database, surprisingly Ding, Fedoseev, Svane etc. played this line at least once; a common motive is Bf5 to trade the light square bishop in conjunction with Qa5+ and Qxf5.
Maybe White is slightly better, but Black is rock solid.

Highest rated game so far was Wei Yi - Ding, 0-1(!).

The older, the better - over 2200 and still rising.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

Long live the Nimzo Indian

Re: Caro-Kann 4. ...Nd7 + 5. ...h6
Reply #1 - 12/24/19 at 18:11:45
Post Tools
No engine at the moment but does white simpy gets the Bishop pair and has more space and has better develpment?

But I agree its not a refuation since there is no checkmate och win piece or pawns but my human intuation suggests that the line must be better for white.

IP Logged

gewgaw
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Caro-Kann 4. ...Nd7 + 5. ...h6
12/23/19 at 15:09:38
Post Tools
hi again,

recently I tested another Caro-Kann sideline, which to my knowledge was always refuted with one move and no analyses followed.

I speak about the line:
1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 de4 4.Ne4 Nd7 5.Ng5 h6 (false, wrong, question mark, due to) 6.Ne6.
Now Black has just two moves 6. ...Qa5 and ...Qb6 and while Qa5 might be playable in a blitz or rapid game only, ...Qb6 could be a viable line on higher level.

Actually, it's surprising, that White can fight for an advantage by playing one knight move after the other  Smiley

Nowadays, it's nearly impossible to create a new line and earn a name on it, maybe we can make this line work and call it...well we can invent something catchy Cool

The older, the better - over 2200 and still rising.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo