Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Chessify (Read 279 times)
an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Re: Chessify
Reply #3 - 03/13/20 at 04:22:11
Post Tools
Your question was clear enough, maybe my answer wasn't. When I said your option was virtualized ChessBase, I meant: I don't think Chessify works in a browser.

IP Logged

BeeCaves

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 03/12/20 at 19:20:51
Post Tools
For Mac, I don't do very advanced stuff but I use:
https://stockfishchess.org/mac/

Basically I just input moves manually when reading books or browsing databases/websites in web browser, see what Stockfish has to say and explore/analyze the position as I desire and then save as PGN to use as a reference or load into a spaced repetition platform like Chessable or Chesstempo.  It's doesn't really work with annotations although you can edit the PGN files in a text editor if you really want to.

I didn't explain my question on Chessify and the Mac very well -- I see the advertise a chessbase plug-in so I was just wondering if the Chessbase plug-in was required or if you could also use the Cloud Engine in a web browser.

I will probably try it out soon unless someone posts a horror story.  I'm not too concerned about them having a copy of the analysis -- I'm not trying to run for 30 hours on some really sharp position to win an ICCF tournament.

I just wanted something a little better than Stockfish running for 20 seconds as I click around on my local machine and am interested in Leela.

For instance, the other day I was clicking around trying to decide if I got 1 c4 e5 2 Nc3 Bb4 3 Nd5 Bc5 4 e3 Nf6 5 b4 on the board if I should play 5... Nxd5 or 5... Be7 as Black, and what critical lines to put in a spaced repetition file.  Wasn't trying to come up with novelties in the Najdorf Poisoned Pawn or something.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #1 - 03/12/20 at 04:32:34
Post Tools
I like Chessify for the OCR. For capture from books I have another workflow, but for capture from the web Chessify's immediate proofreading is very smooth. The only annoying thing is it talks to the server, so I make sure to use wifi rather than my data plan.

I'm not sure it's wise to use cloud engines. They have a copy of the analysis, after all.

As for Mac, I didn't see any option except virtualized ChessBase.

IP Logged

BeeCaves

I Love ChessPublishing!

Chessify
03/11/20 at 22:52:52
Post Tools
Has anyone used the cloud engines on Chessify? 

If so, curious how you found it?  Would like to be able to analyze with Leela, etc without going to all the trouble of setting up GPUs, etc.

Also, can you use just with a WebBrowser or do you need Chessbase?  I am mostly a Mac user and prefer not to mess around with Virtual Machines, etc.  Right now I mostly use the Stockfish Mac app and the Chessbase cloud web browser stuff on database.chessbase.com

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo