Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Lasker Variation -Sam Collins DVD (Read 444 times)
tracke

Introite tam etiam ibi
dei sunt

Re: Lasker Variation -Sam Collins DVD
Reply #5 - 08/05/20 at 18:47:50
Post Tools
As far as I can see, this DVD was released very early in 2016: not later than March, maybe already in February!?
There are many games included from the Olympiad in Tromsoe (August 2014), the very last game cited on the DVD seems to be Carlsen-Aronian (draw, 84) from the 2nd Sinquefield Cup played on September 5th 2014?!
IMO this DVD is still the best introduction to the Lasker as there have not been any bigger theoretical developments since the Candidates 2011.

tracke  Smiley

IP Logged

RoleyPoley
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 08/05/20 at 09:38:24
Post Tools
MW wrote on 08/04/20 at 20:04:43:
Not sure why ChessBase don't actual release date their DVD's; so can anyone tell when Sam Collins' DVD on the QGD-Lasker Variation was released?

Thanks

It's disappointing that they don't but presumably its because they think people will be put off from buying some of the videos if they know what year they came out as they don't really reduce the price of the products except during sales.

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #3 - 08/04/20 at 23:33:35
Post Tools
The online shops also give a year, e.g. schachversand.de (my favorite) and debestezet.nl both give 2016.

Amazon used to do that as well, but when I searched for this title I didn't find the year. Excuse me, not giving a copyright date is a little shady, both for the publisher and for the vendor. They're trying to give the impression it's newer as opposed to older. Similar to web pages that have at the bottom a copyright notice and a script that always resolves to the current year, which is not how copyright works.

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 08/04/20 at 22:06:21
Post Tools
kylemeister wrote on 08/04/20 at 20:20:04:
Maybe looking at the sample on YouTube is a good indication ...March 2016 in this case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW5bImJKGeg

OK thanks, never thought of looking there...4 years, probably too old now....

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #1 - 08/04/20 at 20:20:04
Post Tools
Maybe looking at the sample on YouTube is a good indication ...March 2016 in this case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW5bImJKGeg

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

Lasker Variation -Sam Collins DVD
08/04/20 at 20:04:43
Post Tools

Not sure why ChessBase don't actual release date their DVD's; so can anyone tell when Sam Collins' DVD on the QGD-Lasker Variation was released?

Thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo