Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Petroff Powerbook and Petroff Powerbase 2020 (Read 278 times)
cathexis

No matter where you go,
there you are.

Re: Petroff Powerbook and Petroff Powerbase 2020
Reply #3 - 10/18/20 at 19:41:23
Post Tools
I have Fritz 17, but the chessbase reader 2017 cost me nada. I searched for workarounds but some seemed klonky and I was dubious of some generic download sites. That may not be the case now. Be sure and check .CTG-readability as per Topnotch.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #2 - 10/15/20 at 03:29:25
Post Tools
The link to the .msi for ChessBase Reader 2017 can be found here.
https://en.chessbase.com/pages/download
Any ChessBase DVD will also include this, but if you purchase the Powerbook from a download it will not be included.

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #1 - 10/15/20 at 02:36:11
Post Tools
Chessbase Powerbooks usually always include the best Correspondence games, along with Engine and the best OTB games. You can download the free Chessbase Reader from their site, to open the Powerbooks, but I think their e-book/electronic products come with the reader already included. You didn't ask but I thought I would mention anyway that the Powerbooks are in CTG format, so you could do a google search to see what other Chess Programs can read that, I know for sure that Fritz does.

Hope that helps.

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

Petroff Powerbook and Petroff Powerbase 2020
10/15/20 at 00:08:59
Post Tools
Can any one tell me whether the Petroff Powerbase contains any correspondence games? I suspect that the Powerbook is full of engine games and therefore of limited interest to the average player?

And finally do I need to download any program to be able read the content of either of these products and if so where would I get it from?
Thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo