Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Covid protocols and common sense (Read 964 times)
Bibs
God Member

Re: Covid protocols and common sense
Reply #2 - 11/23/20 at 01:26:35
Post Tools
Yes, quite. It is an automatic reaction. This happened in one game of mine in the first tourney back. Oops. And we both promptly went to wash hands and then use the provided alcohol gel.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Re: Covid protocols and common sense
Reply #1 - 11/22/20 at 23:55:42
Post Tools
Habit of a lifetime - someone extends their hand, one reciprocates. Wasn't it in the first half the Candidates when Grischuk and Nepomniatchi bumped elbows before the game, but shook hands after? Maybe the on-again off-again lockdown also makes it hard to reinforce new habits.

In some of the photos I see masks. The arbiter's mask is not covering his nose -- this is useless.

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Covid protocols and common sense
11/22/20 at 23:04:29
Post Tools
Okay members, see if you can spot a problem in the photo here:

https://ruchess.ru/en/news/all/cfm_botvinnik_school_and_mednyi_vsadnik_lead_russ...

Yes, perspex barriers. Fine so far, but on their own, there are limitations.

BUT:
No masks.
Shaking hands.

Can I borrow some of your hands for a bout of face palming please?

Instead, wear masks and do an alternative greeting of respect. Thai style maybe (palms together), or a slight bow with fist in hand (martial arts style). I’ve played two FIDE events under strict COVID protocols and those work fine.  Elbow touch even (but not with perspex!)

But for goodness sake, don’t shake hands.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo