Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The classical sicilian (Read 1324 times)
Mtal

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: The classical sicilian
Reply #3 - 08/04/21 at 12:33:09
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 07/30/21 at 23:16:45:
@mtal

Your posts are very ‘loose’. Have you actually studied this at all? Got some books, had a go? You offer questions, but zero input.

Yes, Classical is fine. It’s another unbalanced Sicilian. There is theory available there.

It partly depends on your level - which is what? You may be better with the black side of 1.e4 e5 at the moment though, judging from the posts. Start with the open games. Much later move to semi-open.

Good luck in your chess journey.

Sorry

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #2 - 07/31/21 at 09:32:07
Post Tools
The Classical Sicilian is a good line, but not as popular as many of the other Sicilians. The Richter-Rauzer can be a problem, but Black has been doing well in a couple of variations recently, see the recent Open Sicilian updates, https://www.chesspublishing.com/content/4/jun21.htm for instance.

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #1 - 07/30/21 at 23:16:45
Post Tools
@mtal

Your posts are very ‘loose’. Have you actually studied this at all? Got some books, had a go? You offer questions, but zero input.

Yes, Classical is fine. It’s another unbalanced Sicilian. There is theory available there.

It partly depends on your level - which is what? You may be better with the black side of 1.e4 e5 at the moment though, judging from the posts. Start with the open games. Much later move to semi-open.

Good luck in your chess journey.
« Last Edit: 07/31/21 at 06:11:11 by Bibs »  

IP Logged

Mtal

I Love ChessPublishing!

The classical sicilian
07/30/21 at 18:25:21
Post Tools
Hi all,

I been thinking of playing a sicilian and was wonder about the classic sicilian. Actually I always thought it was a kind of Nijdorf but it seems like it is different. I been reading stuff that it is solid and not as much theory as other sicilians. Would you say it is a double edged opening (both sides are attacking each other or are you trying to survive white attacks). Is it recommended or should I go with something else. Just trying to get a feel of what the opening is like. Thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo