Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Rakhmanov's Opening Preparation (Read 1243 times)
TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

Re: Rakhmanov's Opening Preparation
Reply #8 - 09/23/21 at 14:00:08
Post Tools
grandpatzer wrote on 09/23/21 at 13:16:20:
Yes, as the 3...Qd6 Scandinavian, and 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 d6, but not in as much depth as the suggested systems for White.

There is only one Scandi game in the book.

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #7 - 09/23/21 at 13:16:20
Post Tools
PatzerNoster wrote on 09/22/21 at 21:05:28:
From what I read in the introduction, it seems he rather focuses on his White openings, or am I wrong?

You are right, although there is some fairly good coverage of Black systems, too.

PatzerNoster wrote on 09/22/21 at 21:05:28:
I would be more interested in his Black systems, especially the Queen's Gambit with ... a6 and the Nimzowitsch Sicilian (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nf6).
Are these lines also covered?

Yes, as the 3...Qd6 Scandinavian, and 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 d6, but not in as much depth as the suggested systems for White.

IP Logged

PatzerNoster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 09/22/21 at 21:05:28
Post Tools
From what I read in the introduction, it seems he rather focuses on his White openings, or am I wrong?

I would be more interested in his Black systems, especially the Queen's Gambit with ... a6 and the Nimzowitsch Sicilian (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nf6).
Are these lines also covered?

IP Logged

Dink Heckler
God Member

Love-Forty

Reply #5 - 09/22/21 at 08:48:14
Post Tools
I don't particularly care about Rakhmanov or his opening preparation per se, but this book seems valuable in being an honest account of how a strong player thinks about constructing a repertoire. Looking forward to reading it.

'Am I any good at tactics?'
'Computer says No!'

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 09/20/21 at 13:33:48
Post Tools
Furthermore, some opening lines are not common and really tricky, especially from a positional point of view, but with some good tactics, too, so you may catch more than an opponent with these lines... and yes, you have to like Ulf Andersson's style to appreciate this author.

IP Logged

hicetnunc

"Do something scary every
day"

Reply #3 - 09/18/21 at 15:29:31
Post Tools
It's a game collection where the author explains his laid back philosophy and shares some opening analysis.

He has a very dry and technical style (Ulf Andersson type), so if you enjoy this kind of chess, it's a nice collection with tons of subjective += lines. At least it shows you can reach 2600 elo without playing very ambitiously in the opening.

48 yo, 1920 elo

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 09/16/21 at 18:44:53
Post Tools
It's not a repertoire book. Mainly a games collection by the author with his favorite opening lines. He tends to be very solid in his choices. He gets not too deep in his analysis, but emphasis is on ideas and the reasons he plays this or that line. Overall I think it is a good book, maybe not the book of the year, but an original effort.

IP Logged

Pawnpusher

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 08/06/21 at 11:17:52
Post Tools
I am interested too.

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

Rakhmanov's Opening Preparation
08/05/21 at 21:00:06
Post Tools
Just wondering if anyone that has this book would be able to tell me a little more about the contents.

He mentions in the introduction a few of his favourite opens in particular the Petroff, Scandinavian, English and 1 Nf3 lines. Just wondering whether he discusses and analysis's these in any depth in the book.

Very hard to tell from the publishers extract what the book actually contains...

Any help much appreciated as I thinking of buying it, but it's not cheap hence my request for more info.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo