Latest Updates:
Normal Topic On-line Chess Services vs. My PC Question (Read 212 times)
cathexis

No matter where you go,
there you are.

Re: On-line Chess Services vs. My PC Question
Reply #1 - 01/10/22 at 15:08:30
Post Tools
Again, doing my own legwork -

The best answer I've found (and there isn't much out there on this) is that Chess.com CEO Erik favors Chrome. But in the Chess.com forums the basic advice is to avoid IE always and everywhere, but any browser on Chess.com can freeze or run in slug-mode at times. Chrome, Opera, and Firefox users all report no probs other than as mentioned. Obviously, Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi, Opera, and Brave are all running some form of Chromium. This is all I could find. FWIW.

IP Logged

cathexis

No matter where you go,
there you are.

On-line Chess Services vs. My PC Question
01/05/22 at 14:51:21
Post Tools
I'm using Windows 10 (and will not go to 11 if I can). But I'm sick of Edge. I'm not switching to Linux at this time. But I wanted to ask this:

Do any chess web sites or PC programs that you know of (so, from Chess.com to Chessbase to Fritz, Hiarcs, or Russian sites like Chess King, whatever) have trouble with the browsers Brave or Vivaldi? How about paid-for VPN? Or other privacy programs. I know tablets like Kindle can be problematic with some sites. 

I recently had an entire SSD corrupt that cost me a lot of info. I'm still rebuilding, but also looking to make my PC more secure. But on this forum I'm not looking for general PC advice but rather potential conflicts with more popular chess-related programs and sites. A very general question, but I hope this was clear enough.

TIA!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo