Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Accelerated Dragon with GM Alex Fier (Read 7788 times)
bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Re: Accelerated Dragon with GM Alex Fier
Reply #31 - 08/09/22 at 14:05:07
Post Tools
I played a few Correspondence Chess games using the dicussed Video as base. I met some lines not covered but I see nothing wrong most games became very easy draws and no loses. One easy draw was in TopNotch sample line vs f3. I still have some ongoing game in this defence but I will not post any games here.

IP Logged

Lauri Torni

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Reply #30 - 02/26/22 at 11:37:16
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 02/24/22 at 13:48:11:
TopNotch made a post earlyer about f3, see nr 5.

I have no idea of other line like Be2 or early Knigtt retreat  but f3 was the line I feared most.

Thanks. I have seen that game. Maybe it is a draw, but obviously black is playing only for one result.

There are other ideas of course where white can press

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 g6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nc6 5. c4 Nf6 6. Nc3
Nxd4 7. Qxd4 d6 8. Be2 Bg7 9. Be3 O-O 10. Qd2 a5 11. Rc1 a4 12.
f3 Qa5 13. Kf2

On the other hand, it seems that this move order (6.-Nxd4) is presently ok to prevent early Nd4-c2

1.Nf3! -  beat your opponent by killing his zest for life.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #29 - 02/24/22 at 13:48:11
Post Tools
TopNotch made a post earlyer about f3, see nr 5.

I have no idea of other line like Be2 or early Knigtt retreat  but f3 was the line I feared most.

IP Logged

Lauri Torni

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Reply #28 - 02/23/22 at 17:19:06
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 02/23/22 at 09:57:51:
Well no replys. I got interestied about it since if the f3 line in Marocy is no longer an issue I could very well play the line.
I aleady has several items at Modern Chess so I bought the video. Now if I only could find time to watch it.

As far as I know there has been nothing new in the accelerated dragon that would have change the assessment of += for the Maroczy bind.

What specific line you are referring to which possibly has changed this?

1.Nf3! -  beat your opponent by killing his zest for life.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #27 - 02/23/22 at 09:57:51
Post Tools
Well no replys. I got interestied about it since if the f3 line in Marocy is no longer an issue I could very well play the line.
I aleady has several items at Modern Chess so I bought the video. Now if I only could find time to watch it.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #26 - 02/18/22 at 13:48:39
Post Tools
I am a bit curious. What do you think of his coverage of whites independent options in Hyper Accelerated Dragon after 2  .. g6? Does he cover 3 c3 d5 e5 like many clubplayers play? Are lines in Qxd4 system  well covered? Does he cover delayed Alapin?
« Last Edit: 02/18/22 at 17:49:17 by MNb »  
IP Logged

MNb
YaBB Moderator

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #25 - 02/17/22 at 19:36:24
Post Tools
I cleaned up several comments above.
Stay on topic, please.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #24 - 02/17/22 at 18:41:09
Post Tools
tp2205 wrote on 02/17/22 at 17:06:52:
Stigma wrote on 02/17/22 at 16:19:29:
tp2205 wrote on 02/17/22 at 14:07:04:
Still, if I had asked whether or not this is a good course then I could have accepted your "clearly, you have not been paying attention", especially since Stigma's first impression also was positive.

I can assure you that TopNotch knows a LOT more than me about the Accelerated Dragon - often more than published theory too. My impressions of Fier's course after a brief glance count for very little here.

I took the added value of the course to be implicit in Toppy's answer to my query, since we have both seen most of the recent sources worth seeing on this opening.

A 'yes it is worth it' even without any specific reason would have been fine (even if somewhat disappointing.

You will simply have to fork out the dough and decide for yourself.

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

tp2205

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #23 - 02/17/22 at 17:06:52
Post Tools
Stigma wrote on 02/17/22 at 16:19:29:
Still, if I had asked whether or not this is a good course then I could have accepted your "clearly, you have not been paying attention", especially since Stigma's first impression also was positive.

I can assure you that TopNotch knows a LOT more than me about the Accelerated Dragon - often more than published theory too. My impressions of Fier's course after a brief glance count for very little here.

I took the added value of the course to be implicit in Toppy's answer to my query, since we have both seen most of the recent sources worth seeing on this opening.

A 'yes it is worth it' even without any specific reason would have been fine (even if somewhat disappointing).
« Last Edit: 02/17/22 at 19:29:38 by MNb »  

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #22 - 02/17/22 at 16:19:29
Post Tools

« Last Edit: 02/17/22 at 19:28:14 by MNb »  

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

tp2205

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #21 - 02/17/22 at 14:07:04
Post Tools
TopNotch wrote on 02/16/22 at 19:36:41:
tp2205 wrote on 02/16/22 at 15:36:24:
There are now a number of fairly recent courses/videos/books on the accelerated dragon, e.g.

My question is simply what added value Fier's course provides since it is one of the pricier options.

Regarding your added value question, clearly, you have not been paying attention in this thread, as I have already laid out why I think Fier's course is worth the price of admission.

Warmest regards,
Toppy

If I had asked whether or not this is a good course then I could have accepted your "clearly, you have not been paying attention", especially since Stigma's first impression also was positive.

However, this is not what I was asking. I was asking what *added* value Fier's course provides. The lines he suggests are also covered in the other sources I mentioned.
« Last Edit: 02/17/22 at 19:27:50 by MNb »  

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

but its always the best

Reply #20 - 02/16/22 at 19:43:42
Post Tools
MNb wrote on 02/16/22 at 07:47:37:
A fun read, Toppy, if not hilarious. So I'll keep it in this thread. But if you guys are going to discuss the London further I'll split this thread. Please some (Accelerated) Dragon stuff again.

Noted and thanks for extending me a bit of latitude, I simply couldn't resist sharing that one. And if you think that exchange was hilarious, you would be shocked at some of my tussles with GingerGM, truth be told he is part of the motivation for my creating the course in the first place.

I promise from here on out though, no more asides. Everything will be back on track.  Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

but its always the best

Reply #19 - 02/16/22 at 19:36:41
Post Tools
tp2205 wrote on 02/16/22 at 15:36:24:
There are now a number of fairly recent courses/videos/books on the accelerated dragon, e.g.

- Plichta's course
- Nguyen's slightly older course
- a bunch of chessmood videos
- Panjwani's book (hyper accelerated dragon)
- Lalic's book (slightly older)

among others.

My question is simply what added value Fier's course provides since it is one of the pricier options. I watched the free Youtube video of his course on the history of the accelerated Dragon and while not bad I didn't think it was anything special.

I apologize if my question is off topic. I simply cannot bring myself to care about finding a good title for a chessable course, or reading a copy of a chessable thread on the London.

Note of the moderator: your question is on topic, the comments on the title and the London were off topic. So you have my thanks.

Thanks for the bibliography and your candor, and it's okay about your not participating in the whole course naming thing. The feedback I did get was quite sufficient and immeasurably appreciated.

Regarding your added value question, clearly, you have not been paying attention in this thread, as I have already laid out why I think Fier's course is worth the price of admission.

Warmest regards,
Toppy

IP Logged

tp2205

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #18 - 02/16/22 at 15:36:24
Post Tools

- Plichta's course
- Nguyen's slightly older course
- a bunch of chessmood videos
- Panjwani's book (hyper accelerated dragon)
- Lalic's book (slightly older)

among others.

My question is simply what added value Fier's course provides since it is one of the pricier options. I watched the free Youtube video of his course on the history of the accelerated Dragon and while not bad I didn't think it was anything special.

I apologize if my question is off topic. I simply cannot bring myself to care about finding a good title for a chessable course, or reading a copy of a chessable thread on the London.

Note of the moderator: your question is on topic, the comments on the title and the London were off topic. So you have my thanks.

« Last Edit: 02/16/22 at 18:46:31 by MNb »  

IP Logged

MNb
YaBB Moderator

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #17 - 02/16/22 at 07:47:37
Post Tools
A fun read, Toppy, if not hilarious. So I'll keep it in this thread. But if you guys are going to discuss the London further I'll split this thread. Please some (Accelerated) Dragon stuff again.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo