Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Cheparinov's 1.d4 (Slav & Semi-Slav) (Read 656 times)
HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

Cheparinov's 1.d4 (Slav & Semi-Slav)
12/30/22 at 17:57:00
Post Tools
Maybe I've missed discussion of Cheparinov's book, but I'm finding that more than half of my correspondence chess opponents these days play the Semi-Slav against 1.d4. The problem, from White's point of view, is that there are so many forced lines (and in correspondence chess, one might assume that Black will be better able to navigate them).

Cheparinov's recommendation is pro- rather than anti-Moscow, which is interesting. Possibly less forcing than the anti-Moscow lines?

Cheparinov strikes me a good theoretician, but the book is a little light on discussion and good number of reasonable moves seem absent.

1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 e6 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bxf6 Qxf6 7.e3 Nd7 8.Be2 dxc4 9.O-O Qd8, for example. Cheparinov provides brief coverage for 9...g6 and 9...Bd6, but nothing on 9...Qd8, which appears to be the most common correspondence move (though maybe there are some transpositional possibilities—not obviously, and not surely...).

Thoughts on his repertoire choices in general? Thanks in advance.

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo