Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Three Queries (Read 3539 times)
Katalyst

Re: Three Queries
Reply #8 - 12/09/07 at 14:34:13
Post Tools
I'd like to add my vote for larger font size, it is painful at the moment especially with the analysis, and I know you can use Ctrl +, but when you've got 20 pages open this is not ideal!  The font size in TopNotch's post above would be best for me.
The grey background doesn't help either, couldn't it be changed to black on white or vice versa, or even better, let the user choose their default prefs?

IP Logged

Viking
God Member

Reply #7 - 11/26/07 at 13:05:09
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 01/26/06 at 23:19:06:
I have increased both search and profile to maximum 50, to see how that works out. Undecided

Now it is back to 15 again!

Tony,
Please increase the "maximum hits" again (The more the better!)

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #6 - 01/26/06 at 23:19:06
Post Tools
I have increased both search and profile to maximum 50, to see how that works out. Undecided
I have also added a template with a bigger text for those who prefer this, so now you don't have to make your text so big!! Smiley
I'm afraid that once deleted the message is lost, unless it was written before a backup (which is not the case here) but if you can remember roughly what you wrote I can try putting it back in place! Huh

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #5 - 01/26/06 at 21:50:52
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 01/26/06 at 01:46:28:
I think that there is a time limit of one day for editing, and 5 days for deleting your prior messages, but I can increase these if members think it important? Wink
I think that a deleted post is probably lost for good - did you press on the wrong button by mistake? Cry
The default size looks OK on my screen, but I will look into making it bigger if you like.
Actually, I have just had a look and it seems I can add some extra templates and then you can just specify which one you prefer in your profile - would many members be interested in the same template but with a bigger font as a choice?

Thanks for your prompt reply Tony.

I didn't realise that there was a one day time limit for editing, perhaps a week would be more appropriate

Regarding the deleted post, yes I hit delete by mistake when trying to edit a post in a thread I actually started entitled New and Improved in the Chit Chat section. This mistake has made all relevant responses posted by others redundant, so if there is a simple way to recover it it would be greatly appreciated. Sad

I like your suggestions regarding the font size, either more templates or increasing the default size would do the trick nicely. I think the default is currently set to 11, but a range from 11 to 20 would be fantastic.

Best regards,

Toppy Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Viking
God Member

Reply #4 - 01/26/06 at 12:26:27
Post Tools
"15" is default for search function AND seams to be the maximum as well....

One example:
Yesterday I tried to search up a specific post on the 4 pawn attack (-,Qd7!?) in the Alekhine. I did remember that it was a long time ago it was posted in that thread, did not remember by who and used and used "alekhine Qd7 pawn attack " or something like that as a search parameter. The post I was looking for was not among the 15 hits.... (I dont know what the search function uses as criteria for selecting when there are too many hits....). I had also turned the excellent --view only one post per thread-- on to reduce the number of hits...

I would like to see "500" again  Wink

By the way, I finally found the old post by "guessing" some alekhine-contributors...

For the profile I would say "all posts"... Wink

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #3 - 01/26/06 at 10:48:57
Post Tools
Can't you write any number you like in the maximum hits box on the search page? I thought 15 was just the default, and I must say I find that plenty!
For the profile I think the maximum is set to 25, but I will see if I can't alter that - what would be a suitable maximum?

IP Logged

Viking
God Member

Reply #2 - 01/26/06 at 08:36:44
Post Tools
another two comments/questions:

i)
Could you please increase the maximum number of "hits" for the search function!?
Now it is set to 15! This is a way too small number in my opinion... (before I think it was set to 500....)

As the forum contents increase, the search function becomes more and more important.
-> A new very nice feature with the new search function is the ability to view just one post per thread!  Smiley

ii)
I also miss the possibility to look at a profile and view ALL posts by this person.... (again the maximum is set to the 15 last posts).

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 01/26/06 at 01:46:28
Post Tools
I think that there is a time limit of one day for editing, and 5 days for deleting your prior messages, but I can increase these if members think it important? Wink
I think that a deleted post is probably lost for good - did you press on the wrong button by mistake? Cry
The default size looks OK on my screen, but I will look into making it bigger if you like.
Actually, I have just had a look and it seems I can add some extra templates and then you can just specify which one you prefer in your profile - would many members be interested in the same template but with a bigger font as a choice?

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Three Queries
01/25/06 at 22:29:06
Post Tools
Why am I unable to modify/edit my own posts after they have been uploaded. I see only two available options, which are Quote and Delete.

How do I recover a post I deleted by accident.

Why is the default text size so small.

Toppy

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo