Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Jobrava london vs lines with bf5 (Read 2155 times)
YaBB Newbies

Do or do not there is
no try!

Re: Jobrava london vs lines with bf5
Reply #4 - 07/02/23 at 07:30:06
Post Tools
GM Simon Willians published a new dvd "The new Jobava system" and he plays at Bf5 the idea Nf3-e5 with g4,h4 etc.
Look at 5', at the video bellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkM0OtsgUg

IP Logged

derdudea

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 05/11/23 at 13:09:27
Post Tools
The Jobava - London systems has the same problem like other more unusual "system openings". It works good against some,  maybe a lot of defences, but there are some you just should not use it. But since chess writers usually want to present the reader an "easy to learn" repertoire, they use it anyway and ignore the problems.

I am working on a repertoire with the Jobava - London for some time and I found out that it is a great weapon, if you mix things up.

In some main lines, you best use the original London System. In others you use Jobava Nc3 - Systems instead auf the London c3-Pawn.

To be able to do that, I play Bf4 before Nc3, except 1.d4 e6 2.Nc3 or 1.d4 f5 2.Nc3.

And finally: Almost every time Black chooses an early Bf5 - system or Bf5 remains possible, I delay Nc3 or c3 as long as possible. As soon as Bf5 is played, I play c4, often followed by Qb3, which is much better than the original Jobava-London against Bf5-Lines

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #2 - 06/02/21 at 00:19:10
Post Tools
Darthmambo wrote on 05/31/21 at 19:13:47:
Hi all,

For those jobrava london players out there, I feel like I do not get much vs lines with bf5. So let's say d4 d5, nc3 nf6, bf4 and for. I do the usual f3, and then push my pawns, eventually playing bd3 and trading it. The usual stuff that's in all the jobrava material. Oh well, just wanted to know how people feel about it. If any advice on playing the position, that would be great.

I would advise that placing your Queen's Knight in front your c pawn in Dpawn Openings is not a recipe for sustained success or growth, occasional use fine. Step outside your comfort zone, and into the lush greenery that is 1.d4 2.c4 and Knight behind, a horsey should have a rider, the c pawn, and not the other way round. Giddy-Up! Wink   

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Dink Heckler
God Member

Love-Forty

Reply #1 - 06/01/21 at 18:28:53
Post Tools
I play those lines a bit with White. Objectively, I would say you just have to accept that they're nothing special. The main objective is to unbalance the game and steer towards an unusual position that you might have greater familiarity with despite the verdict of theory.

The problem I find is that I do get a sinking feeling that I'm playing for positional cheapos, and if Black knows what he's doing, play can get quite narrow and there isn't a huge amount to look forward to.

'Am I any good at tactics?'
'Computer says No!'

IP Logged

Darthmambo

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Jobrava london vs lines with bf5
05/31/21 at 19:13:47
Post Tools
Hi all,

For those jobrava london players out there, I feel like I do not get much vs lines with bf5. So let's say d4 d5, nc3 nf6, bf4 and for. I do the usual f3, and then push my pawns, eventually playing bd3 and trading it. The usual stuff that's in all the jobrava material. Oh well, just wanted to know how people feel about it. If any advice on playing the position, that would be great.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo