Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Publishing Help (Read 7260 times)
snits

Re: Publishing Help
Reply #21 - 04/23/10 at 03:32:33
Post Tools

IP Logged

snits

Reply #20 - 04/22/10 at 22:32:36
Post Tools
Odd Gunnar Malin wrote on 04/22/10 at 06:59:22:
Aquarium from ChessOK have a feature to copy game to a blog. Last time I checked it only could use english letter for the pieces (NBRQK), but if you write in english this doesn't matter. It create a rather big text so you should make sure you blog-site doesn't have a limit in the size of the blog entry.
My test: http://oddgunnar.blogspot.com/

Where in the aquarium interface are you doing that?

Edit: it looks like it was added in a later update. Downloading the latest now to see how it works.

IP Logged

GabrielGale

Who was Thursday?

Reply #19 - 04/22/10 at 21:18:49
Post Tools
Dear Tim,

A friend runs two blogs (see http://www.australian-junior-youth-chess.blogspot.com/ and http://rydeeastwoodchessclub.blogspot.com/) and he started using chessvideos (which does not allow annotations) but is now using chessflash (same site as given by snits) He found chessflash pretty easy to use. You can still annotate in chessbase, save it in pgn, then  there is a neat trick: open the pgn with Notepad, make further editing, if necessary, then copy over to chessflash. The tricky bit is the use of brackets, parentheses such as "(" , "[" and "{". They do different things. Check out the blogs There are examples of replayable games with annotations. Let me know if you need clarification and I will get my friend to answer them.

http://www.toutautre.blogspot.com/
A Year With Nessie ...... aka GM John Shaw's The King's Gambit (http://thekinggambit.blogspot.com.au/)

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #18 - 04/22/10 at 11:51:55
Post Tools
Thanks everyone - I feel I am getting nearer to finding a solution!

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #17 - 04/22/10 at 07:58:56
Post Tools
I found a blog actually devoted to this topic, despite the name, probably not a part of this site though:

http://chesspublishing.blogspot.com/2010/02/published-game-without-coded-moves.h...

IP Logged

Odd Gunnar Malin
YaBB Newbies

Reply #16 - 04/22/10 at 06:59:22
Post Tools
Aquarium from ChessOK have a feature to copy game to a blog. Last time I checked it only could use english letter for the pieces (NBRQK), but if you write in english this doesn't matter. It create a rather big text so you should make sure you blog-site doesn't have a limit in the size of the blog entry.
My test: http://oddgunnar.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

snits

Reply #15 - 04/22/10 at 05:24:38
Post Tools
The chessflash link above seems to handle most things quite well.

http://chessflash.com/chessflash.html

I would write up your analysis in Chessbase, hit ctl-c to copy the game when your analysis is finished, and then paste that into the text box on the chessflash page, hit the preview button to check it out, then copy the generated html code they give you and put it in your blog post.

I don't think you are going to have much luck getting the CB stuff to work in a blog post. Hopefully they will add something to CB11 to make it easier to do.

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #14 - 04/16/10 at 14:00:10
Post Tools
And just in case it makes a difference, the blog I'm trying to load games to is at blogspot (it took some time to work out how to make it accept ctrl-c/ctrl-v material!)

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #13 - 04/16/10 at 13:56:11
Post Tools
The reason I want to do it thru ChessBase, by the way, is that I first want to write up my analysis in the My Games database of my ChessBase before transferring it

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #12 - 04/16/10 at 13:54:51
Post Tools
Oh dear, and I thought it was all going to be so easy

IP Logged

Jesse Gersenson

Piece value = Mobility
+ targets

Reply #11 - 04/16/10 at 13:47:55
Post Tools
if you're using wordpress for the blog, there are some chess plugins -

Chess By Blog WordPress Plugin

is one i recall by name. It's worked for me on some blogs and on others it hasn't worked.

It works (sometimes) by simply putting the pgn text into the blog post and putting tags around the pgn text.

example

Code
Select All
[pgn]
[Event "Computer chess game"]
[Site "chesspub"]
[Date "2010.04.16"]
[Round "?"]
[White "doma"]
[Black "doma"]
[Result "*"]
[BlackElo "2400"]
[ECO "C21"]
[Opening "Danish Gambit"]
[Variation "Chigorin Defence, 2.d4 exd4 3.c3 dxc3 4.Bc4 cxb2 5.Bxb2 Qe7"]
[WhiteElo "2400"]
[TimeControl "300"]
[PlyCount "35"]

1. e4 e5 2. d4 exd4 3. c3 dxc3 4. Bc4 cxb2 5. Bxb2 d5 6. Bxd5 Qe7 7. Nc3 c6
8. Bb3 Be6 9. Nf3 h6 10. O-O Nf6 11. e5 Nfd7 12. Ne4 Qd8 13. Bxe6 fxe6 14.
Nd4 Nc5 15. Qh5+ Kd7 16. Nxc5+ Bxc5 17. Rfd1 Qe7 18. Nf5+ *
[/pgn] 

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #10 - 04/16/10 at 10:12:17
Post Tools
Vladimir wrote on 04/15/10 at 23:18:28:
Pretty sure you mean the html exporting like this, i.e., the replayable games that say "Generated with Chessbase."

Indeed, you must be able to upload the .html file itself as well as the pictures for the pieces in the appropriate subfolder and any Javascript (.js) and style sheets (.css) that may be needed.

For example, Scid has an HTML and Javascript game exporting feature as well. For Scid, there is an example html folder that has scid.js, scid.css, and a "bitmaps" subfolder containing pictures for each piece. You would export the game to an .html file and put it (and the PGN file so that it can be downloaded from the website) inside that html folder and then upload all of those to the server space. I haven't tried that feature under Chessbase, but the basics should be pretty much the same. And since I don't blog, I am also unsure as to the drag-and-drop abilities of the newfangled blogging software, so someone else will have to guide you through those steps.

I'm not blogging either so I'm not sure exactly how you transfer pages to a blog. But one thing with chessbase's javascript is that depending on the server, you might need to upload the folder with the pics for the board in both small caps and large - at least that's what I had to on my site some years ago, though hopefully blogs are more userfriendly than that nowadays...

Actually, I'm also considering to start a blog, to share my corr games as they end - any opinions on what blog site is best for chess content? blogspot? blogger? sites.google? any other?

IP Logged

snits

Reply #9 - 04/16/10 at 05:28:47
Post Tools
I still say the easiest thing to do is use another site to generate the game replay, and put html they give you into your blog post to embed the game replayer there.

Here is an example:

http://chess.snitselaar.org/2010/03/rip-vasily-smyslov.html

IP Logged

Vladimir

Reply #8 - 04/15/10 at 23:18:28
Post Tools
Pretty sure you mean the html exporting like this, i.e., the replayable games that say "Generated with Chessbase."

Indeed, you must be able to upload the .html file itself as well as the pictures for the pieces in the appropriate subfolder and any Javascript (.js) and style sheets (.css) that may be needed.

For example, Scid has an HTML and Javascript game exporting feature as well. For Scid, there is an example html folder that has scid.js, scid.css, and a "bitmaps" subfolder containing pictures for each piece. You would export the game to an .html file and put it (and the PGN file so that it can be downloaded from the website) inside that html folder and then upload all of those to the server space. I haven't tried that feature under Chessbase, but the basics should be pretty much the same. And since I don't blog, I am also unsure as to the drag-and-drop abilities of the newfangled blogging software, so someone else will have to guide you through those steps.

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #7 - 04/15/10 at 15:54:17
Post Tools
Thanks. I'll try that tonight. And when I've found it, how do I move it to my blog? Could drag and drop work (bearing in mind I have Windows 7), or can I copy and paste somehow do you think?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo