Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BDG: Zilbermints Gambit in the Euwe Defense (Read 121272 times)
CraigEvans
YaBB Moderator

If I can't sacrifice a
pawn, I'll throw my rook
in

Re: BDG: ZILBERMINTS GAMBIT IN THE EUWE DEFENSE
Reply #9 - 12/07/05 at 09:28:28
Post Tools
Dude, I don't know what you've been drinking, but please send some of it my way will you?

Just because I give a computer evaluation, doesn't mean I use/need a computer to think for me. Further, a pawn's worth of compensation when white is two pawns down nets out at being a pawn down, hence losing - I see no contradiction whatsoever and as usual your chess arguments, much like any other arguments of yours, are logically flawed. This line is tripe. Making comments about other people using programs as educational tools will not make it any less tripe. I've got where I am OTB and in correspondence without computer assistance, and I've beaten players far stronger than you in both forms - however I've never played someone who's willing to play something this bad OTB against me. When analysing a silly unsound gambit then there's no problem using a computer to confirm your belief that white's position is not worth two pawns, and you don't need a computer to tell you that in this case.

As for a tournament game, I only hope one day I get the privilege to play black against you in this line. The endgame is one of my stronger areas, and being two pawns up with a solid position against somebody as arrogant as you would be a pleasure, as I slowly consolidated, swapped off the pieces and smirked as I queened those pawns. "I will beat you..." comments are incredibly amusing, and I can only recommend that you need go back to school if they are the recourse you must take when one of your lines is shown to be inadequate, along with "precious computer..." comments. I'm just waiting for the "yo momma..." jokes now...

Until you post your next pathetic attempt to demonstrate that white has anything more than hopes and dreams for his material defecit,

Best wishes,
Craig

Oh, and by the way... just because you play one of your home-made gambits OTB doesn't mean you'll beat them with it. Some people handle unusual positions better than others. Most people handle positions where they're two pawns up pretty well, however...

"Give a man a pawn, and he'll smell a rat. Give a man a piece, and he'll smell a patzer." - Me.

"If others have seen further than me, it is because giants have been standing on my shoulders."
IP Logged

Gambit
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #8 - 12/07/05 at 08:36:27
Post Tools

You use a computer to think for you. I do not. But even your computer says White has about a pawn's worth of compensation. So, you are contradicting yourself right there.
As for analyses, I will post that once my schedule clears. I am very busy the school and other schools.

Oh, and by the way... I will beat you in a regular tournament with this line, where you do  not have your precious computer thinking for you.

YIM  
IP Logged

CraigEvans
YaBB Moderator

If I can't sacrifice a
pawn, I'll throw my rook
in

Reply #7 - 12/07/05 at 04:22:02
Post Tools
Well Lev, you've had three days to think about it, what's your continuation for white here which wins back a pawn and justifies compensation for the other one? I've had a good long look at this and I see nothing.

Although Junior 9 is giving white about a pawn's worth of compensation here, it's usually pretty optimistic in these sorts of positions for the side which is down in material... as long as black is careful, he's two pawns up here and that means - + to me.

Regards,
Craig

EDIT: On the basis of the above information, 9.Kh1! should actually read 9.Kh1??. Another blunder down in the history books for LDZ, perhaps?

"Give a man a pawn, and he'll smell a rat. Give a man a piece, and he'll smell a patzer." - Me.

"If others have seen further than me, it is because giants have been standing on my shoulders."
IP Logged

lost highway

I may be crazy.

Reply #6 - 12/05/05 at 16:40:08
Post Tools
Quote:
Am I missing something here? After 13.Bb5 Qe8 I don't see how white is winning a pawn back, and although white has some compensation, I can't see any strong continuations for white.

Craig -

I agree with your evaluation.  Black is better.

- Lost Highway

IP Logged

CraigEvans
YaBB Moderator

If I can't sacrifice a
pawn, I'll throw my rook
in

Re: BDG: Zilbermints Gambit in the Euwe Defense
Reply #5 - 12/04/05 at 11:31:02
Post Tools
Am I missing something here? After 13.Bb5 Qe8 I don't see how white is winning a pawn back, and although white has some compensation, I can't see any strong continuations for white.
« Last Edit: 10/06/10 at 00:57:55 by Markovich »  

IP Logged

Gambit
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #4 - 12/04/05 at 10:27:56
Post Tools
Quote:
Your idea of 12Bh4 does look better than 12Qh4 as played. I assume that you have improvements over the Sawyer-Just game also in 1996.

Yes, I do have improvements over Sawyer-Just.

Sawyer-Just, correspondence 1996, went  9...Nc6 10 Qe1 Bd7 11 Rd1 h6  12 Bh4 00  13 Ne5??  Nxe5  14 Qe5 Ng4  15 Be7 Ne5 16 Bd8  Rad8  17 Be4 Nc4, 0-1.

However, 13 Bb5! should have been played. It activates the pieces and wins back one pawn.
« Last Edit: 10/06/10 at 00:57:41 by Markovich »  
YIM  
IP Logged

loup_garou
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #3 - 12/04/05 at 08:22:16
Post Tools
Your idea of 12Bh4 does look better than 12Qh4 as played. I assume that you have improvements over the Sawyer-Just game also in 1996.
« Last Edit: 10/06/10 at 00:57:27 by Markovich »  

IP Logged

Gambit
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 12/03/05 at 23:01:38
Post Tools
Not really. For the record, White horribly screwed up that game.  The Drueke-Sawyer game continued  10 Qe1 Bd7 11 Rh1 h6 12 Qh4 ?!  Kf8  13 Be4 Kg8  14 Bf6  Bf6  15 Qf2 Qe7  16 Nb5 a6  17 Ndb4  Nxd4 18 Nxd4  c5  19 Ne2 Bb5, 0-1.

However, after 12 Bh4 White is still in the game. Later I will post games  to prove this.
« Last Edit: 10/06/10 at 00:57:12 by Markovich »  
YIM  
IP Logged

loup_garou
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #1 - 12/03/05 at 19:39:17
Post Tools
9...Nc6! is the move as played in Drueke-Sawyer 1997 BDG thematic tournament.
« Last Edit: 10/06/10 at 00:57:02 by Markovich »  

IP Logged

Gambit
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

BDG: Zilbermints Gambit in the Euwe Defense
12/03/05 at 00:57:31
Post Tools
Hello,

Time to re-start the thread!

Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Euwe Defense:

1 d4 d5 2 e4 de4 3 Nc3 Nf6 4 f3 (BDG) ef3 5 Nxf3 e6 (Euwe)
6 Bg5 Be7  7 Bd3 Nc6 8 00 Nxd4 9 Kh1 ! (the Zilbermints Gambit)

Now it is Black to move. What would you play?
« Last Edit: 10/06/10 at 00:56:13 by Markovich »  
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo