Latest Updates:
Normal Topic FIDE & Kirsan=absolute filth... (Read 2471 times)
MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Re: FIDE & Kirsan=absolute filth...
Reply #5 - 01/26/06 at 03:09:16
Post Tools
@DAX
"We have National chess federations from free nations who do not openly oppose a third rate dictator who has no vested interest in human rights."

This is exactly what USCF did, when Israelic chess players were excluded from the Olympiads in Abu Dhabi and Libya. The Dutch federation KNSB did boycott the first. USCF at first announced to join the boycott, but later changed it's decision. I gave this example to back up your statement.

@Wisnewski
I share your hope.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

IM Christoph Wisnewski

International Master

Reply #4 - 01/25/06 at 17:40:34
Post Tools
My latest news are that Bessel Kok is running against him for the next election.

Him being elected would be a dream come true - but possibly Kirsan can use tricks to keep his power  Angry

"Chess you don't learn, chess you understand!" (V. Korchnoi)
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

DAX

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ..........

Reply #3 - 12/08/05 at 06:55:10
Post Tools
Kirsan is filth & just because he throws pretty little tourneys with his blood money in no way redeems himself as a human being as far as I'M concerned! Yes, there have been scandals in every national federation over the years but two wrongs don't make a right. By the way how did the USCF betray Israeli players? What does that have to do with Kirsan & FIDE? The time has come to clean house starting with Kirsan then FIDe & any other national federation who would have anything to do with this creep!

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #2 - 12/08/05 at 05:58:48
Post Tools
I am not really enthusiastic about Iljum, but he is not as bad as depicted by DAX. After all he organised one of the most beautiful tournaments of the last years: San Luis a couple of months ago. Moreover the chances of a reunification match have increased.
So he deserves a little (not too much) credit.

BTW USCF has a black history of betraying Israelic chess players: Olympiade in Abu Dhabi and in Libya.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

chessy

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #1 - 12/08/05 at 04:39:27
Post Tools
how true!!!!

IP Logged

DAX

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ..........

FIDE & Kirsan=absolute filth...
12/07/05 at 21:28:24
Post Tools
 I'M just another typical chessplayer who happens to follow some of the best in this game. Thankfully I'M not a full blown fanatic who can't see the forest from the trees. Is it me or is it just anyone with a little bit of common sense can see that Kirsan & FIDE are just downright filth? We have National chess federations from free nations who do not openly oppose a third rate dictator who has no vested interest in human rights!  

This guy is such a simpleton he now wants any canditates for the presidency of  FIDE to have to flip a cool million just to run against him......this guy is dirty & bad for chess as a whole. FIDE has outlived its usefulness......what is FIDE or any profesional organization without fans & supporters? It is truely sad when this creep Kirsan puts on a tourney with a big purse & all the GM's flock to it irregardless that the prize money itself has probably cost a few human beings lives along the way! The whole thing stinks & to think that there has not been any outcry from National Federations around the globe......without National support FIDE is nothing.....without average chessplayers National Federations are nothing! Kirsan needs to go......along with FIDE ,the politics, the scandals, and the greedy pathetic GM's who sell out their moral fiber just to turn a buck! The whole thing stinks....down with them all............. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry    

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo