Latest Updates:
Normal Topic KID->Leningrad Dutch (Read 2385 times)
Holbox

Saigón Café

Re: KID->Leningrad Dutch
Reply #4 - 09/28/06 at 14:32:04
Post Tools
Just a little correction.

Quote:
and if white play's 4.Be3 or Bg5 then 4...a6!? which seems even better than normal Pirc against this lines.

4...a6!? only if there is a knight on c3.

"Ladran, luego cabalgamos", NN

IP Logged

Holbox

Saigón Café

Reply #3 - 09/28/06 at 14:24:38
Post Tools
Quote:
I suppose the Leningrad is more interesting against the London and Colle setup than the KID.

Obviously, but I don't know if it's really better.

Quote:
You should pay a little attention to White's early h2-h4-h5, just in case the quiet quiet queen's pawn player goes suddenly berserk.

There are two ideas that I have usually found. An early h-pawn push which is semi-solved by ...h6, and Bc4 and Qb3 patrolling the a2-b8 diagonal. I have seen some games played by De la Villa where black castled long in the second option. 

Quote:
I assume you play the Pirc via 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 ?

No. This is not my usual move order. I usually try 1.e4 d6 2.d4 Nf6, but I don't fear any KID transposition nor a Austrian Attack (then 4...Nf6 and 5...0-0) , and if white play's 4.Be3 or Bg5 then 4...a6!? which seems even better than normal Pirc against this lines.

Quote:
Maybe off-topic, but I think 1. d4 g6 2. Nf3 Bg7 3. Bf4 d6 4. e3 is extra-innocuous (compared to the usual London vs. KID move order) due to 4...Nd7, aiming to immediately enforce ...e5 (with possibilities such as Ne7-f5 if the bishop goes to g3 and/or Qe7 in one move rather than Qe8-e7 as would be needed in the usual scenario).

Not really off-topic because what I'm looking for is way to play against this systems with confidence but trying to have some fun. I try to build my own repertoire based on some idiosyncratic ideas which probably won't be fully trusty but what really matters is that they will be mine!

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #2 - 09/21/06 at 03:46:20
Post Tools
Maybe off-topic, but I think 1. d4 g6 2. Nf3 Bg7 3. Bf4 d6 4. e3 is extra-innocuous (compared to the usual London vs. KID move order) due to 4...Nd7, aiming to immediately enforce ...e5 (with possibilities such as Ne7-f5 if the bishop goes to g3 and/or Qe7 in one move rather than Qe8-e7 as would be needed in the usual scenario).

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #1 - 09/21/06 at 02:51:18
Post Tools
A looong time I ago I have asked a similar question. Nobody showed up with an objection against this move order. I suppose the Leningrad is more interesting against the London and Colle setup than the KID.
In practice Black has done very well. You should pay a little attention to White's early h2-h4-h5, just in case the quiet quiet queen's pawn player goes suddenly berserk.
I assume you play the Pirc via 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 ?

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Holbox

Saigón Café

KID->Leningrad Dutch
09/20/06 at 09:59:42
Post Tools
Hi people,

I liked to play the KID but since some time ago I've been trying some different defences to 1.d4. I've come back to the KID and I believe that it will be to stay for a long time. I'm working in a repertoire based on the KID but I would like to play it in this way against some "unorthodox" openings (I play the PIRC against 1.e4.):

1.d4 g6 (avoids Tromp) 2.Nf3 Bg7 3.Bf4 (Bg5) d6 4.e3 f5 going for a Leningrad Dutch setup. Is this safe?

Thx

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo