Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Fire on Board Part III : Opening ... 1e4 e5 games (Read 2810 times)
TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Re: Fire on Board Part III : Opening ... 1e4 e5 games
Reply #3 - 08/18/09 at 16:06:04
Post Tools
Yeah this book looks like it's gonna be awesome. I'm pretty excited!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Schaakhamster
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 08/17/09 at 10:03:00
Post Tools
good news indeed.

IP Logged

Anders

Reply #1 - 08/15/09 at 16:51:18
Post Tools
Hi.

Time to pick up this old thread as the book now finally is visible on Everymans list of coming books ...

http://www.everymanchess.com/chess/books/Fire_on_Board_Part_III_%3A_Opening_Secr...

Cheers / Anders

IP Logged

Anders

Fire on Board Part III : Opening ... 1e4 e5 games
07/14/07 at 21:25:29
Post Tools
Hello Chessfriends.

I just saw that Everyman plans to release "Fire on Board Part III : Opening Secrets behind 1e4 e5 Games" written by Alexei Shirov " in September/October. 

This may be something to look forward to for those of us interested in the 1.e4 e5 section ....

The text below (picked from www.everymanchess.com/display.php?id=279) provides some more information.

"
Alexei Shirov has dazzled and inspired a generation of chess fans with his unique brand of attacking chess. The Grandmaster, originally from Riga, Latvia, is widely regarded as one of the most aggressive and inventive chess players of the modern era, an argument backed up by his wealth of amazing games, rich in tactical fireworks and extraordinary moves.

In the first two books of his celebrated Fire on Board series, Shirov traced his progress at the top of the chess world and presented a delightful selection of his most unforgettable games. Now, for the first time, Shirov discloses the secrets of his high-level opening preparation in this computer-dominated era and the stories behind his most famous opening novelties. Some of these discoveries from his 'private laboratory' have seen the light in vital over-the-board encounters, while others have remained in his laboratory for many years because the openings in question have gone out of fashion. This book focuses on 1 e4e5 games. Fire on Board Part III also includes some previously unseen curiosities of Shirov's chess life, analysis and games.

An insight into high-level opening analysis
A compilation of violent, attacking and imaginative chess
Written by one of the world's leading players
Published October 2007 EU, September 2007 US | ISBN 9781857445152
Format Paperback, 300 pages
"

Cheers / Anders

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo