Latest Updates:
Normal Topic pdf's of the updates? (Read 4784 times)
GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: pdf's of the updates?
Reply #3 - 09/25/12 at 12:11:15
Post Tools
Jeremy Bernstein wrote on 09/05/12 at 10:37:42:
But the games from the article are not.

The new games will all be in the PGN Archive, but you can also download the games pertaining to a particular update from the download button on that particular update.

IP Logged

Jeremy Bernstein
YaBB Newbies

Nearly mediocre

Reply #2 - 09/05/12 at 10:37:42
Post Tools
I'm also a new subscriber and similarly confused. Let's take the Sep 4 update to d-Pawn Specials as an example. It appears that the new Guide is in the section pgn file (Games Archive/Download All Section/d-Pawn Specials). But the games from the article are not. If I do a search for all games added since 1 September, those games appear, though.

So that's the first confusing part: the section PGN doesn't contain the games referenced in the new guide.

The second confusing part: the text from the website doesn't actually appear anywhere, not in the guide, not in the PDF, so I need the website + the new guide + the PGNs found via date search to get everything I need. Plus the PDF which may or may not have been updated?

The third confusing part: the server names all the PGNs that are generated and zipped all.pgn. That's just lazy. At least when downloading section PGNs, they could be properly named so that I don't have to spend 10 minutes renaming stuff in order to file them properly.

In general, there's so much information on this site that some better tools for helping users keep track of it all would be very welcome.

I hope that makes sense. What strategies do long-time users employ to keep their Cpub stuff organized?

Thanks
Jeremy

IP Logged

dom
God Member

Reply #1 - 06/16/12 at 14:12:45
Post Tools
Hello,

I suppose for example you have subscribed for the French defence (two good choices...1. you have subscribed 2. you chose a very good opening  Smiley )

- You click on French at the left of main mage www.chesspublishing.com
- Now you view last update webpage (currently J.Watson's  "French Defence Update May 2012")
- Then read what is on the right side of the page (written in red color) : "PDF eBooks", "Playable ebooks", "PGN Games archives"
- Click to "PDF eBooks" to find what you're searching for....click on "Advance KIA" to view or download PDF file about this sub-variation of the French, click on "Tarrasch" for that other and so on

'eBooks' is a merchandising word meaning "electronic books", merely files on computers you can print to get paper books  Cool

"Playables ebooks" are in fact chess archives files....you can open or read them with Chessbase software...."playable" means more: you can browse these chess games databases. "cbv" is one file extension for such files.

"PGN Games archives" are for ASCII (=text) files databases "pgn" is one file extension for such files.

Now I foresee next question:"can I download all PDF files (those I can access with my membership rights)"...my answer: I don't know.

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

cistup
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

pdf's of the updates?
06/15/12 at 13:32:16
Post Tools
Hello everybody. I just took a subscription and I am not familiar with the chesspublishing.com site. I was hoping to get pdf files of the updates along with the pgn. I managed to download pgn's but couldn't find any pdf's on the site. Embarrassed I came to know about this site through my colleague who showed some pdf files of chesspub on the Opening Theory. Can somebody please tell me where to find the pdf's of the updates?   Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo