Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Trying to find a game (Read 5168 times)
TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Re: Trying to find a game
Reply #3 - 08/21/12 at 17:13:41
Post Tools
This one perhaps?

IP Logged

Spongebobiscool
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 08/21/12 at 12:11:20
Post Tools
Thanks TN, that is very helpful. That isn't the game, yet it's also pretty. I downloaded the games from 2009 until now, will go through them and let you know when I found it Smiley

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #1 - 08/20/12 at 15:05:53
Post Tools
http://www.newinchess.com/Magazine/Default.aspx?PageID=123 is the link for downloading the PGNs of games covered in individual NIC Magazines (without annotations of course).

Is it this game?

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Spongebobiscool
YaBB Newbies

Trying to find a game
08/20/12 at 14:58:32
Post Tools
Dear chess friends,

I saw a very impressive game in the New In Chess magazine some time ago, maybe two years ago. I want to analyse this game for my chess club's website. Unfortunately, I can't remember the names of the players and I couldn't find the game in my database either.

Could you please help me find this game/does anyone happen to know what game I'm talking about?

The opening was a Maroczy Bind (or something else transposing into this structure), white sacrificed his rook to get a pawn mass on the queenside. He had like 4 connected past pawns and a rook against two rooks from black. What made the game so interesting is that it was still very complicated, although it seemed like an easy win for white. White won an impressive game. Both players are rated around 2700.

The analysis of the game was in New In Chess, but I couldn't find it when I was going trough some of my old magazines.

I hope that someone can help me find this game  Smiley thanks.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo