Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Forum update! (Read 134298 times)
GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: Forum update!
Reply #99 - 07/08/14 at 11:53:30
Post Tools
TalJechin wrote on 07/08/14 at 10:26:44:
in General Chess isn't it time to move the Book of the Year polls to their own section? The number of sticky threads or nowadays "Important Topics" seem to fill almost half the space of the section...

That's true, but it seems odd to start a new section for just a few threads, what if we simply 'unstuck' some of them instead? Certainly the older ones could be 'archived'?! Undecided
Most sub-boards seem fairly obvious, but I would certainly welcome good suggestions for sub-dividing the General and Computer sections.

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #98 - 07/08/14 at 10:26:44
Post Tools
A small suggestion as the forum is being tidied up anyway: in General Chess isn't it time to move the Book of the Year polls to their own section? The number of sticky threads or nowadays "Important Topics" seem to fill almost half the space of the section...

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #97 - 07/08/14 at 01:10:18
Post Tools
Ah yes, you're right! It used to be beside the 'Post Message' button. I did look around for it before raising the matter, but i completely missed it in its new location. Thanks.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #96 - 07/08/14 at 01:00:53
Post Tools
Seeley wrote on 07/07/14 at 23:01:49:
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I've just made my first post since the update and it looks as though the 'Preview' option (alongside 'Post Message') has disappeared. I've always found this extremely useful, especially as a way of checking that I've not messed up horribly in my attempts to quote what someone else has posted. Has this option gone for good? If it can be reinstated without too much trouble, I'd be very happy to have it back!

There is a Preview button at the top left (just underneath 'Post reply') as I am writing this reply, don't you have it? Maybe it used to be beside 'Post Message' and has moved, I don't know?!

IP Logged

fling
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #95 - 07/07/14 at 23:28:08
Post Tools
I agree. The preview option is a good feature to have, especially when quoting and when posting PGN-files etc.

IP Logged

Seeley

Reply #94 - 07/07/14 at 23:01:49
Post Tools
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I've just made my first post since the update and it looks as though the 'Preview' option (alongside 'Post Message') has disappeared. I've always found this extremely useful, especially as a way of checking that I've not messed up horribly in my attempts to quote what someone else has posted. Has this option gone for good? If it can be reinstated without too much trouble, I'd be very happy to have it back!

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #93 - 07/06/14 at 13:58:10
Post Tools
As one may have noticed I've started adding sub-boards here and there, and moving the threads over. This is going to be fairly long- I've already moved 50 (!) pages full of them, but there are obviously a lot more to do. Shocked
Any help from Moderators would be much appreciated, I've started at the beginning so you could either move threads from the end of the main boards, or see the date for the last thread I've moved and start there.
I recommend you switch the balloons on so you can immediately see how the first post starts if you have any doubt over the subject. Cool
Remember to precise the destination (!) in the drop-down box below, and please clear up the 'Moved to' posts after you.
Thanks! Smiley

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #92 - 07/06/14 at 12:20:23
Post Tools
dom wrote on 07/06/14 at 09:18:18:
Hello Tony,
Can you update the menu ?
It is on the bar "Lock/Unlock Sticky Hide..." with text field default "-Checkpub.com Discussion"
I use that bar to move threads
Below ChesspubOpenings, you have no line with "French " but directly Winawer-Tarrasch-Advance
I would prefer to have two lists proposed by the field: first one for sub-boards in the same main board and second list for other sub-boards (1.e4 e5, ...)

No, I don't think I have any control over that, but I agree it would be easier to move the threads if we had less options - for Flank, say, it's necessary to scroll down the list each time to get to the sub-boards. Angry

IP Logged

dom
God Member

Reply #91 - 07/06/14 at 09:18:18
Post Tools
Hello Tony,
Can you update the menu ?
It is on the bar "Lock/Unlock Sticky Hide..." with text field default "-Checkpub.com Discussion"
I use that bar to move threads
Below ChesspubOpenings, you have no line with "French " but directly Winawer-Tarrasch-Advance
I would prefer to have two lists proposed by the field: first one for sub-boards in the same main board and second list for other sub-boards (1.e4 e5, ...)

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #90 - 07/06/14 at 05:11:47
Post Tools
TonyRo wrote on 07/06/14 at 02:51:36:
Glenn Snow wrote on 07/05/14 at 17:23:40:
I keep checking out sections but it doesn't seem that the "already viewed" button (icon?) is working.  I've even tried viewing every thread and it still says there is something new.

This happens to me as well on Chrome, but only in specific sections it seems - even weirder!  Undecided

Did you try looking at the "sub-boards"?  This worked for me, although it did try and tell me I hadn't looked at a post that I wrote!

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #89 - 07/06/14 at 02:51:36
Post Tools
I keep checking out sections but it doesn't seem that the "already viewed" button (icon?) is working.  I've even tried viewing every thread and it still says there is something new.

This happens to me as well on Chrome, but only in specific sections it seems - even weirder!  Undecided

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #88 - 07/05/14 at 18:09:18
Post Tools
I hadn't noticed the separate thread on the King's Gambit.  After I looked at it the board was updated. Smiley

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #87 - 07/05/14 at 17:51:45
Post Tools

Hmm, it works for me. Have you tried logging out and then logging back in again? Otherwise it might be a cookie problem, I suppose. Undecided

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #86 - 07/05/14 at 17:23:40
Post Tools

IP Logged

dom
God Member

Reply #85 - 07/05/14 at 16:24:35
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 07/05/14 at 14:55:36:
I can make a temporary fix (until someone can suggest a permanent change?! Undecided) that removes the numbers and letters down the side (and also the arrow)

+1 for this temporary fix

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo