Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Dortmund tournament (Read 6399 times)
Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Re: Dortmund tournament
Reply #7 - 08/05/13 at 14:31:47
Post Tools
But instead of 75....Rxg5?? 76.Nxg5 1-0

Caruana can just go 75...b2 76.g8=Q b1=Q and that must be a draw? Q+R v Q+B+N If the B+N were closer to generate some mating threats there might be a chance, maybe. But here it just looks dead drawn, bit of a tragedy for Caruana after such a long battle.

IP Logged

chessy

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #6 - 08/04/13 at 10:38:45
Post Tools
Kramink - Caruana

LOL it took my more than 10 min. to understand why the position is won for white -->   Se4! VERY NICE! LOL

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 08/04/13 at 07:35:08
Post Tools
Such beautiful games by Kramnik in this thread...and now this...  Embarrassed

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/141553385913043/

Quotes:

Bernd Kohlweyer: "During the last days the referee had noticed a strange behaviour of Jens Kotainy: After each move of his oponent Kotainy put his left hand into the pocket of his trousers and moved his fingers like he was pressing some buttons. According to the official ref Kotainy did this in every game and after every move (with few exceptions like a forced recapture). Today the referee felt it was time to check what´s inside the pocket and they found a Samsung mobile."

Christian Goldschmidt: "I am the Tournament director of the Sparkassen Open in Dortmund. We disqualified Jens Kotainy today from the tournament, because of Computer Cheating. We claimed his cell phone before the round today. Coincidentally we determined that his turned-off(!) cellphone made morselike vibrations."

Marcell Aulich: "his handy was manipulated by his brother , so that he get vibrations and signal codes while it is turned off. he also had an app on his mobile that connected his phone with the computer of his brother. enough material to disqualify him from tournament".... "we think trought an morse code. he is sending an code to the extern pc. he get the moves the same way .... it is noticable that the sound intensity of vibrations was not noticable for any other player it was to quit. anyway if it isnt prove how exactly he does it its enought material to dq him from tournament cause he has all the material to cheat this way"

Kenneth Regan: http://www.chess-international.de/?p=17930
"Here is my translation:
On suspicion of cheating: Player disqualified from the A-Open.
The leader of the A-Open of the Dortmund Sparkassen Chess Meeting, Jens Kotainy, was today during the 8th round disqualified from the tournament, on account of cheating suspicion.
Kotainy, who was already being accused of several manipulations, was under special watch since the beginning of the Dortmund A-Open by the organizers and officials. In the course of his games the impression that he was taking help from prohibited technology was confirmed. He was then disqualified in the penultimate round of the tournament.
Herbert Bastien, President of the German Chess Federation and patron of the "Dortmund Chess Days", announced in a press conference that there will be a formal process seeking to clarify the factual content, and as-appropriate to undertake further steps.
Site manager Gerd Kolbe regretted that this development had caused a shadow to fall across the 40th anniversary of the traditional Dortmund [chess] festival: "We recognize, that chess is not an island of bliss. [We in] Dortmund have worn it on our sleeves from the beginning to be a signpost for cleanness and fairness in chess [as a] sport. This maxim holds for all tournaments within the Sparkassen Chess Meetings. Thus we are responsible to the players, the spectators, and not-last the sponsors."
Photo [of Kotainy] from the 2012 Sparkassen Chess Meeting.
PS: Read also the article in the Frankfurter Allgemeine edition of Thu. 31 July [sic], which author Stef[f]an Loeffler was nice enough to send us from Vienna."

Unquotes

I'm tired of all this!  Roll Eyes
The lust for money and fame changes the world..
Disgusting!

IP Logged

Kazzy
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 08/04/13 at 03:04:30
Post Tools
Quote:
other news:
in the A-Open tournament of Dortmund, Jens Kotainy (who was in first place) has been excluded because of cheating...

Wow, I must admit that I'm really astonished by this. I also took part in the Neckar Open this year where Kotainy made a GM-norm in a very entertaining way (by beating Nisipeanu and Istratescu for example). Despite his mindboggling performance I never really felt that he was cheating. I felt that he made a huge gap in his development resulting in an amazing performance (with a little bit of luck).

However, if this accusation is really true, I wonder how this case will be treated in public. It is a sad sign that chess only reaches the public when there's some kind of rumor about cheating. I still remember that nearly no German newspaper or television program took notice when the German Team took the Gold-Medal at the last European Team Championship whereas they're always alert when some guy is cheating at some tournament.

I especially feel sad that this happens at the most prestigious German tournament. Almost all chess organizers here have to struggle to advertise sponsors for their tournaments. Therefore it's a shame that the Sparkassen Chess-Meeting has to deal with such unplesant processes. It does not only hurt the organizers in Dortmund. Every organizer has to be ready to cope with such questions in the future when there is such an accumulation of unpleasant happenings.

IP Logged

tony37
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 08/03/13 at 20:22:47
Post Tools
other news:
in the A-Open tournament of Dortmund, Jens Kotainy (who was in first place) has been excluded because of cheating...

see http://www.sparkassen-chess-meeting.de/2013/2-uncategorised/37-betrugsverdacht-j...
« Last Edit: 08/03/13 at 21:25:46 by tony37 »  

IP Logged

tony37
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 08/03/13 at 20:02:17
Post Tools
Kramnik proposed a draw in a completely winning position! (although you have to see a subtle knight move and both Kramnik and Caruana were in time trouble)

edit: apparently it was a transmission error and Caruana resigned, which changes the message in:
Kramnik won a brilliant game  Smiley (where Caruana was the last to make a mistake)

IP Logged

tony37
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 08/01/13 at 16:45:19
Post Tools
Here's the game Kramnik-Fridman

IP Logged

tony37
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Dortmund tournament
08/01/13 at 15:59:45
Post Tools
Kramnik has been playing some inspired chess at this tournament:

this one against Leko (his 22nd move is probably not so sound but it's certainly interesting)

and at this moment he sacrificed a pawn and an exchange against Fridman, outcome still uncertain
(update: he's winning with a knight sac!)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo