Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Chess publishing on a Mac (Read 1665 times)
Bondefanger

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Re: Chess publishing on a Mac
Reply #3 - 09/20/17 at 06:48:43
Post Tools
You can try ScidvsMac, the mac-version of "Scid vs pc". It wouldn't cost  you anything, as it is free.

You can export your games with comments to LaTeX or html, so you can turn them into pdf as well.

Don't know about opening trees.
The "opening report" feature makes some kind of opening tree from a given position, and if you do it in a database featuring only the relevant games, you might get what you are looking for.

IP Logged

HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

Reply #2 - 09/20/17 at 00:50:29
Post Tools
Thanks. Just after posting my query, it occurred to me that maybe I should have posted in the computers & chess section. And promptly saw your post. Waiting in 2.0 makes some sense. But I'll be delighted to share any discoveries I make.

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #1 - 09/19/17 at 15:56:56
Post Tools
You could try Hiarcs, it's available for Mac and PC - that's about all I know about it (I asked in the computer section some time ago but apparently no one here has any experience of it), so if you do try it please report your impressions!

I thought I'd give it a go when its 2.0 version is launched, but it's hard to tell when that will be...

IP Logged

HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

Chess publishing on a Mac
09/18/17 at 20:45:31
Post Tools
I realize that the heading might be misleading. I'm looking for recommendations for Mac-compatible software that will enable chess writing. I enjoyed using Chessbase in a previous life, but would be grateful for some ideas on what to use to transcribe, annotate, and export (as Word or pdf) games and opening trees, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo