Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Schoupal : MNb, 2005, BDG Challange Match (Read 44274 times)
Bonsai
God Member

Re: Schoupal : MNb, 2005, BDG Challange Match
Reply #18 - 05/25/05 at 12:24:30
Post Tools
Quote:
Clear equality for Black is a bust as far as I am concerned  Grin

A well known path to *clear* equality would pretty much defeat the point of gambiteers playing the BDG, but if there's nothing better than that, then the gambit is much better than most of the world seems to believe. I'd really like to find a way to at least a minute advantage for black (but maybe that is asking too much?!).

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #17 - 05/24/05 at 17:30:11
Post Tools
Clear equality for Black is a bust as far as I am concerned  Grin

Also the fact that White always has to be trying to prove equality is not a good sign.

On a side note, this is just another reason why correspondence chess does not appeal to me, its way too slow and tedious.

Top Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Sevenviolets

Reply #16 - 05/24/05 at 15:54:01
Post Tools
Mr. Teyko, Mr. Prie. A battle is welcomed but maybe this ain´t the very territory you might choose Smiley Here, the very forum is aimed on the challenge match btw. me and MNb. You are very much welcome to advise either me or my opponent or both of us  Smiley Reputation of BDG is in stake and for the time being, I still wonder what is the best move now, is it 9.Nf4 or 9.Bg5 or is there some other alternative? Switch on your engines and find your way to glory.

IP Logged

Teyko

Gambits Dammit

Reply #15 - 05/24/05 at 15:37:36
Post Tools
okay, Eric,

That was way harsh. I was merely arguing that the BDG is not as easily busted as one would hope, and I have argued elsewhere that 4. Qh5 is not the best move, and I would play 4. Nge2 if I wanted to get a whole point. I just did not agree with your analysis that 4. Qh5 was dead.

Now we are going to talk about my appeals to Gary Lane, and your GM opinions of the position.

In your Hubsch variation there are two ways for white to handle it. One is a forced draw by repetition and the other is a balanced but absolutely equal position throughout the game, neither are complete busts.

But I do admire and respect your opinion Eric, so if you are ready to do battle, I shall have to engage you once again.

Peace out,

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #14 - 05/24/05 at 08:43:59
Post Tools
Aaaah, but there is a lot of drama in soap opera's .... Smiley

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Sevenviolets

Reply #13 - 05/24/05 at 07:35:07
Post Tools
Hello. I was "out" for couple of days. Yesterday I have analysed our position. It is difficult but there are some very hopeful signs I´m on a good way to bring a whole point. But you´re playing really good. Bloody good. I always like when my opponents are playing the strongest moves, it is pleasure. Nbd7! was the best one, comparing to weak e6. But now I´m preparing deadly attack, yes, you guessed it right. Horrific and terrific. I´m going to check all my analysis and hope to send the move on Friday, maybe even sooner. BDG is very difficult to play as we have almost critical position now. But after playing this move I will be playing faster. In my analysis I dive not less than to the move 20 and even deeper. Seeking clear +/-. There is no BDG bust on the horizon. And there is no soap opera within my sight (Top Notch), it is rather real drama.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #12 - 05/24/05 at 05:21:21
Post Tools
White's. As Patrik has not answered since saturday, it looks like he is already in big trouble? Or is he preparing some horrifying attacking idea?

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #11 - 05/23/05 at 13:23:17
Post Tools
I love it ROTFL!! Grin

Whose move is it anyway in this Soap Opera?

Top Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #10 - 05/23/05 at 05:56:21
Post Tools
Teyko does not have anything against me; we just like to tease each other.

GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

GMEricPrie

"The most simple moves
are the less complicated"

Reply #9 - 05/23/05 at 05:07:53
Post Tools
I thought that the definitive refutation of the Sneiders attack, missed by Black during the game of reference, but published as a note in it (1.d4 d5 2.e4 ?!  2...dxe4 3.Nc3 e5 4.Qh5 Nc6 5.dxe5 Bb4 6.Bd2 g6 7.Qe2 Nd4 8.Qd1 Bf5 9.Be3 c5!!) would have put Teyko to silence...

Since then, his pathetic attempts (leading him to beg the 'little' help of his friend Master Lane ;o)) posted here and there, on how to get a playable position out of the Hubsch (1.d4 Nf6 2.Nc3 d5 3.e4 A blunder this time, giving a central pawn for nothing from which White cannot recover 3...Nxe4! 4.Nxe4 dxe4) have all failed miserably, to the point that, in a glimpse of lucidity, he even asked me for a piece of advice on how to drop out from BDG addiction and start playing chess!
I benevolently replied under the form of 3.Bg5 Nbd7 4.Qd3.

From what I have seen, Patrik Shoupal is the only intitled person on this forum to be able to launch a challenge against the Lemberger because, at least, he has got something against the Lemberger with his 4.Nge2. During june I shall take up the gauntlet and prove that Black has minimum -/+...

Me, excessive like a gambit player, would you think ? Smiley 

IP Logged

X
God Member

Education is a system
of imposed ignorance.Chomsky

Reply #8 - 05/22/05 at 15:51:43
Post Tools
This is an interesting move order.  I think this line is superior to the usual 7...e6 8.Ng5 Bg6 in the main line.  In some instances black has the interesting resource ...e5 and sometimes ...h6 is useful and doesn't fail to the usual tactics in the other Alchemy lines.  This certainly follows the principle of making the developing moves that black needs the most first, since in an odd way ...e6 is the last move black would like to make, as white's whole setup after 8.Ne2 is designed against it!

Man, what you do have against MNb, Tekyo?!  I think you take things a bit too seriously...

Power to the People!&&http://www.gravel2008.us/           http://www.nationalinitiative.us/&&Mike Gravel for President 2008

IP Logged

Teyko

Gambits Dammit

Reply #7 - 05/21/05 at 21:01:06
Post Tools
MNB,

I thought my draw against G.M Prie would have been enough to silence the "wanna-be busts" to the Blackmar Diemar Gambit. I have been reading your posts, but I did not reply because I knew you were trying to bring me out from hiding.

I think you should play Patrik, but if you lose, I don't want to hear you crying.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #6 - 05/21/05 at 09:49:05
Post Tools
Yes, I think Black can deviate. 8.Ne2 Nbd7 is played according to Tzanidakis' ideas.
I repeat my claim, that Black is better. But even if I am proved wrong, it is good for me, as I would like to play the Von Hennig-Milner Barry Gambit.
No reactionsyet  from BDG-diehards like Teyko? I thought my bold statement was provocative enough. OK then, my goal in this game is to bust the BDG forever.

So: 1.e4 d5 2.d4 dxe4 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.f3 c6 5.Bc4 exf3 6.Nxf3 Bf5 7.0-0 Bg6 8.Ne2 Nbd7 -+.

GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #5 - 05/20/05 at 05:56:49
Post Tools
Yes, I have noticed the transposition, but was not sure. Still I will take some time, to check if Black can deviate.

GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Sevenviolets

Reply #4 - 05/20/05 at 05:41:09
Post Tools
Schoupal : MNb, BDG Challange Match, start date 19. 5. 2005

1.e4 d5 2.d4 dxe4 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.f3 c6 5.Bc4 exf3 6.Nxf3 Bf5 7.0-0 Bg6 8.Ne2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo