Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Machines playing as humans on the ICS ? (Read 5822 times)
Lubo
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Machines playing as humans on the ICS ?
10/09/05 at 08:30:30
Post Tools
I think that many machines are playing as humans on the various Internet chess servers (playchess and ICC).

I got this impression, when I started to inform my opponents during the match that I check all my internet blitz games right after the end for probable use of chess software (we are talking of 10 min. blitz games, so really enough time for communication). I waited for some answer, something like "No problem, go on" or "You are paranoid..". Nothing of this happened! Sometimes when I thought to have been fooled and the victim of a cheater, I got even more aggressive in my words and told "You used chess software!!!" Amazingly again no reaction!!! OK, maybe some people shut down their communication window when playing. But so many? For sure not. And then the most amazing: some of the people I treated most harsh, invited me for a re-match!!! Like if I told not one unkind word.

Is there any reasonably explanation for this phenomene? I think of the explanation, that there are playing machines as humans (and thats why nobody cares a penny about my accusations).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo