Latest Updates:
Normal Topic GM Repertoire 1d4 Volume 2 - any clues on content? (Read 1718 times)
ANDREW BRETT
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: GM Repertoire 1d4 Volume 2 - any clues on content?
Reply #3 - 04/17/09 at 09:42:22
Post Tools
I'd be interested in knowing when we can expect publication of Vol 2.
and also when the respective Volumes of Marin are coming out and what will be in Vol 1 and what Vol 2 contains.

Over to you Jacob !

IP Logged

micawber
God Member

like many sneaks and skunks
in history he's a poet

Reply #2 - 04/16/09 at 04:42:23
Post Tools

I am looking forward to this second volume, as the first was outstanding!
I dont expect an opening book to provide a sure fire way to gain an edge against any opening. That would be a superhuman achievement. I settle for a good set of playable positions, interesting ideas and realistic judgements. And the first volume scored very very well on all counts!
With this book and John Cox book on the Berlin (though these books have an entirely different approach) , Quality Chess published two of the best opening books in the last 5 years!

By the way:
It would be really nice if you could get Boris to write a black repertoire
on the Grunfeld! Quite a few Catalan fans, also have the Grunfeld on their repertoire....

IP Logged

Jacob Aagaard

Quality Chess says hi!

Reply #1 - 04/14/09 at 07:49:30
Post Tools
The Repertoire is based on playing d4, c4 and g3. So, you can expect a lot of g3-lines in volume two as well. Sure, getting an edge against the big openings is hard and getting harder, as theory advances. However, I am sure Boris will come with many new ideas there too.

IP Logged

tetra
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

GM Repertoire 1d4 Volume 2 - any clues on content?
04/10/09 at 13:26:30
Post Tools
I'm hoping the opportunity to publicise an upcoming book may tempt GM Aagaard to give some hints!

I have half a new repertoire, but need to fill in some gaps before I try playing Catalan vs the Nf6 move order for example.

I saw the comment Catalan will be given vs Nimzo on the other thread, and we can assume 1d4 Nf6 2 c4 because the Budapest will be covered.

I have seen some people assuming g3 vs g6 because of the Catalan. But GM Avrukh likes e4 + early Bg5 vs KID himself according to the databases. I wonder if we will be following his own repertoire?

And will we play g3 vs the dutch? Am I meeting the benoni with d5 or nf3? etc

Any ideas anyone?

tetra

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo