Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Einstein's Methodology (Read 88193 times)
Blackthorne
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Einstein's Methodology
Reply #179 - 06/25/11 at 08:32:13
Post Tools
Gambit wrote on 06/25/11 at 04:17:54:
Could Albert Einstein be the reincarnation of Leonardo da Vinci? There are a lot of similarities.

I wouldn't know about that Gambit, I never regarded them as similar in behaviour nor brilliance. Da Vinci was also a polymath, whereas Einstein probably weren't. The latter was frequently compared to Copernicus though.

IP Logged

Blackthorne
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #178 - 06/25/11 at 08:29:47
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 06/24/11 at 21:17:05:
This does not come from a serious chess player, and it seeks to promote an anti-semitic website. I request it be removed.

Serious chess player? No, I wouldn't be one. I did win a school-tourney when I was 12 but beyond that it hasn't been a game of personal prowess for me.
Regarding the SC-blog, I didn't come by here to promote it. Members of this board and thread invoked it repeatedly, albeit incorrectly credited the articles to the owner and major author of SC.

As for being anti-semitic, well in a sense of course, as it focuses a great deal on good/constructive as well as bad/irrational criticism of Jewry et al.

IP Logged

Gambit
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #177 - 06/25/11 at 04:17:54
Post Tools
Could Albert Einstein be the reincarnation of Leonardo da Vinci? There are a lot of similarities.

YIM  
IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #176 - 06/24/11 at 21:17:05
Post Tools
This does not come from a serious chess player, and it seeks to promote an anti-semitic website. I request it be removed.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

Blackthorne
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #175 - 06/24/11 at 18:53:19
Post Tools
A bit of an old thread I see but nevertheless I felt I had to come by and point out that the articles on S.C (semiticcontroversies) regarding Einstein were written by myself, not Karl Radl. If you check the blog and look under "Authors" you should find me there.

If there's any questions pertaining to physics or more specifically; relativity, I'll be happy to clarify to the best of my abilities.

IP Logged

sloughter
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #174 - 10/28/10 at 19:25:45
Post Tools
trw wrote on 10/28/10 at 19:00:16:
I wonder what Einstein would think of dead threads and horses being beaten.... yes I wonder.  Wink

I'm sure Einstein would approve. After all he beat a dead horse, or should I say, he kept doing the same thing over and over again hoping for different results (His work on the unified field theory).

IP Logged

trw
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #173 - 10/28/10 at 19:00:16
Post Tools
I wonder what Einstein would think of dead threads and horses being beaten.... yes I wonder.  Wink

IP Logged

Willempie
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #172 - 10/28/10 at 09:42:59
Post Tools
Much to learn, you still have.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

IP Logged

sloughter
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #171 - 10/27/10 at 18:45:35
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 10/25/10 at 19:04:59:
Thanks Willempie!

Regarding why I, as a moderator, dont' delete the thread:

As long as the posters act within the accepted bounds of the site, there's no reason to delete a post.

• People may be wrong, but that's not a good enough reason to delete their posts.
  • They may be verbose to the point of tedium, but that
    alone isn't a good enough reason to delete.
  • They may be repetitive, but as long as they aren't absolutely redundant, that's not a good enough reason to delete.

So, while a certain poster is tedious, verbose, and ridiculously wrong, I won't delete his posts unless they are truly redundant or overtly offensive. So far, sloughter has managed to stay on the right side of the rules.  But I do hope he takes to heart the points about tedious, verbose, repetitive posts.

Here is Einstein's methodology in his later years from Lee Smolin, "The Trouble with Physics" (page 49)

"Dyson explained that he too had come to the institute in 1947 hoping to get to know Einstein. So he went to Einstein's secretary, Helen Dukas to make an appointment. The day before the appointment, he began to worry about not having anything specific to discuss with the great man, se he got Dukas's copies of Einstein's recent papers. They were all about Einstein's efforts to construct a unified-field theory. Reading them that night, Dyson decided they were junk.

The next morning he realized that although he couldn't face Einstein and tell him work was junk, the couldn't not tell him either. So he skipped the appointment and, he told me, spent the ensuing years before Einstein's death avoiding him."

From Ohanian, "Einstein's publication of this junk was  pathetic. He was publishing his failures and he was admitting that his theories were incomplete, but again he deluded himself into believing that he was within striking distance of success. Any physicist reading his papers could see from a cursory inspection that Maxwell's equations were conspicuously absent from these papers and that there was no way that they could emerge from these papers and that there was no way that they could emerge from Einstein's mathematical framework. But Einstein was blind to the obvious defects of his lofty mathematical creations, and he would usually take years to come to the recognition that the latest version of his unified theory had to be dumped into that large wastebasket next to his desk."

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #170 - 10/26/10 at 16:17:29
Post Tools
Edited:
Moderator's Note: Posts removed for being off-topic. ~SF

NB: I did ask the poster(s) to move the off-topic posts or they would be deleted.

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #169 - 10/25/10 at 19:04:59
Post Tools
Thanks Willempie!

Regarding why I, as a moderator, dont' delete the thread:

As long as the posters act within the accepted bounds of the site, there's no reason to delete a post.

• People may be wrong, but that's not a good enough reason to delete their posts.
  • They may be verbose to the point of tedium, but that
    alone isn't a good enough reason to delete.
  • They may be repetitive, but as long as they aren't absolutely redundant, that's not a good enough reason to delete.

So, while a certain poster is tedious, verbose, and ridiculously wrong, I won't delete his posts unless they are truly redundant or overtly offensive. So far, sloughter has managed to stay on the right side of the rules.  But I do hope he takes to heart the points about tedious, verbose, repetitive posts.

IP Logged

Willempie
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #168 - 10/25/10 at 17:18:13
Post Tools
And yet another round

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #167 - 10/25/10 at 16:35:02
Post Tools
sloughter wrote on 10/25/10 at 15:51:01:
My attempt to define a new way of problem solving has allowed me to get out to the lay community the very corrupt nature of modern science

I am still disappointed that you haven't applied this brilliant new way of problem solving to the recent economical collapse. You see, I want to understand why Suriname, the country I live in, escaped.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

sloughter
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #166 - 10/25/10 at 15:51:01
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 10/24/10 at 23:47:44:
sloughter wrote on 10/24/10 at 19:40:33:
Markovich wrote on 10/24/10 at 18:11:33:
TonyRo wrote on 10/22/10 at 14:16:34:
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 10/22/10 at 14:08:04:
For some reason, I didn't miss this thread.

Yeah, I wish I could have seen my face when I saw that blinking button flashing, and then noticed what thread was newly commented on. Ugh.

Precisely.  Why don't we just kill this? 

Why are you afraid of the truth and seek to kill it?

I'm tired of being bothered by you every time you forget to take your medicine, and so is everyone else.  Go away.

Every act of creation is an act of destruction. I question the very manner in which physics has been done in the last century, a century driven by the cult of personality and the supreme hubris that math is the key to insight. It is not. Science proceeds from the known to the known and your failure to comprehend how science has been hijacked by the mathematicians, is noted.

My attempt to define a new way of problem solving has allowed me to get out to the lay community the very corrupt nature of modern science which fails to address everything from energy policy to the economy in a constructive way, in large measure because entrenched bureaucracies like DOE are politically driven. To root out corruption it is necessary to define how icons are detrimental to society. Einstein is just such an icon; he has been devastating to science, the scientific method, society and history.

My attempt at a new way to solve problems, if generally accepted, is more important than the Unified Field Theory, because it would allow scientists to find the Unified Field Theory. This process, if properly applied, would result in the doubling of the rate at which major discoveries are made in science, medicine and technology over an above that which would be made in the absence of such methods.

Here are some of the ideas that Intuitive Iteration has allowed me to find:

The refutation of the Berliner Gambit regarded as trivial by some but granted a lot of coverage in BCO2. John Jerz thought it was so important that he copyrighted his analysis.

The recognition of Universal structures in chess, the single most commonly occurring structures that are attainable in most major openings that are played by top professionals. To the best of my knowledge I am the first person to define a new major opening system, the Universal Attack, that can be learned in a few minutes and played for a lifetime---it can permit a rank beginner to reach a playable middlegame every time with just a few minutes of instruction. I have described, codified and molded widely scattered games into a coherent system.

In geology, here are some features of my article called, "Beyond Plate Tectonics: 'Plate' Dynamics" that are new to geology:

1)I have redefined the Wilson Cycle of oceans closing and reopening and added two new steps to the process. The first is the exhalation phase when volatiles from the mantle show up in a region that ultimately is hit by volcanism. We already see this along the Appalachians. According to the Wilson Cycle Oceans tend to reopen along old sutures.

The second new step is the surging phase where suddenly spreading rates double or even quadruple rapidly in response to sudden increases in subduction rates.

2)Convection cells do not drive plates. This mechanism has been proposed as the driving mechanism of the plates, but clearly fails on first principles.

3)The basal shear zone, a new concept, describes the behavior of the boundary between the lithosphere and the underlying mantle which is focussed and hot. This fluid, hot mantle is squeezed upslope by the mass of the plate and its heat winds up in the conduit.

I am the first person to describe massive lateral heat flow that has profound implications for understanding the heat flow budget of this planet.

4)I have provided the conceptual basis for describing volcanism that occurs in compression, the first person to do so. This is due to what I call the "arch effect" where part of the weight of the lithosphere is supported by the arch in compression. This releases pressure at the base of the plate and induces partial melting.

5)I have come up with a new set of coordinate axes in structural geology that are so complex that my geology professor, an expert in stress and strain, said it was new, correct, and so complicated he couldn't solve it. It is a "Black Hole" in structural geology because it is impossible to solve mathematically.

6)I have unified the two great schools of geology, Uniformitarianism and Catastrophism, calling them the flip side of the same coin. The former occurs 90-99% of the time, the latter, 1-10% of the time. The earth is an engine designed to reject heat; how it rejects heat determines the properties of the planet as a whole and the surface we see specifically.

7)During the Cretaceous massive amounts of the planet went into tension at the surface causing the continent of North American to sag and spread laterally in part due to the roll back of the hinges on the Farallon Plate. As a result an epicontinental sea flooded the interior of the continent all the way to Canada.

The planet when into tension because of a massive overturn of the upper mantle in the Cretaceous which brought less viscous, less dense, fluid mantle towards the surface. This facilitated subduction and surging, a process I have described in detail.

I have set forth key parameters so that marine geologists will have specific features in the Pacific Ocean to look for.

8)I am the first person to suggest that any kind of focal mechanism is possible along divergent boundaries, hence it is completely wrong, as some marine geophysicists do, to interpret the data on the basis of what the regional geology is.

9)I have come up with a new mechanism of mass extinction in the oceans. My proposal is that due to a massive increase in sea floor spreading, knowable on the basis of increased carbon dioxide in the Cretaceous and the creation of massive reef complexes then, that the breakdown of plagioclase and pyroxene released aluminum into the water. This aluminum was toxic to phytoplankton and wiped out the base of the food chain killing off everything upstream.

10)I have come up with a new mechanism to stop the dynamo effect in the core and stop magnetic reversals. Due to an "avalanche" to the core described by other researchers, as this mass descended rapidly to the core, the earth suddenly experienced an increase in the rate of rotation much as as dancer increases her rate of spinning by bringing here arms to her side. This increase in the rate of rotation of the earth shows up in bivalve studies.

According to my theories, this wad of dense material caused the earth to "wobble" from the unbalanced nature of the mass sitting at the core/mantle boundary. This shut down the dynamo. Later, as this mass began to smooth out, the dynamo reasserted itself in the Tertiary and we again see magnetic reversals.

11)Surging begets surging. Once surging starts, it is a self-exciting process. Once all the gravitationally unstable lithosphere is subducted the continents will be randomly reassembled as one contiguous mass because this permits the most efficient transferral of heat towards the core.

Then the least work configuration kicks in, and the supercontinents break up due to the gradual reappearance of old, gravitationally unstable oceanic lithosphere.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #165 - 10/24/10 at 22:01:41
Post Tools
What do you mean Sloughter? Is Einstein even responsible for you not providing us with a Grand Theory of the latest economic collapse?
You see, I asked for your well-considered thoughts on Keynes and the latest economic collapse. But nothing about this important subject in your latest essay on this forum.
I am disappointed.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo