Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bojkov DVD with Na6 systems (Read 12721 times)
Fllg
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Bojkov DVD with Na6 systems
Reply #18 - 07/29/11 at 12:48:46
Post Tools
Vs. Sämisch Bologan suggests 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6 5.f3 0-0 6.Be3/g5 a6 followed by Nbd7 and c5 often with Benko ideas. I have played this a couple of times over the years with decent results. The coverage on the DVD is a good introduction to this line. 

IP Logged

ANDREW BRETT
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #17 - 07/29/11 at 09:01:14
Post Tools

'It was quite good, the weakest part of the rep was  Bologan's DVD offers a more promising Samisch solution in my opinion'

Any chance of sharing what line he suggests.

Thanks.

IP Logged

glut
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #16 - 07/23/11 at 20:56:36
Post Tools
thanks to Top Notch for the helpful reply - i will have a nibble

IP Logged

Fllg
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #15 - 07/23/11 at 10:05:29
Post Tools
Btw, the one thing that bothers me about 6... Na6 vs. the Four Pawns Attack is that White can force a draw in the line 7.Be2 e5 8.dxe5 dxe5 9.Nxe5 Nc5 10.Bf3 Qxd1+ 11.Kxd1 Rd8+ 12.Kc2 Nfxe4 13.Nxe4 Bf5 14.Re1 Bxe5 15.fxe5 Rd4 16.Kc3 Rd3+ 17.Kc2 Rd4 with a repetition which is given on the DVD by Bojkov.

Earlier deviations do not seem convincing for Black with the exception of 12... Be6 13.Re1 Nfd7 14.Nxd7 Rxd7 15.b3 Nd3 16.Re2 Nb4+ 17.Kb2 Nd3+ 18.Kc2 with another early repetiton as given by Gallagher in "Beating the Anti-King´s Indians". Sad

So unless someone has a good idea here for Black 6... Na6 should be avoided if a quick draw is not acceptable.

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #14 - 07/23/11 at 00:43:29
Post Tools
Fllg wrote on 07/22/11 at 13:02:29:
OldGrizzly wrote on 07/22/11 at 07:26:28:
@toppy
I must have overlooked something...
Which is the thread refuting Semkov's line by the forum?

TopNotch probably means this thread:
http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1270968020

Indeed.  Wink

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Fllg
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #13 - 07/22/11 at 13:02:29
Post Tools
OldGrizzly wrote on 07/22/11 at 07:26:28:
@toppy

TopNotch probably means this thread:

http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1270968020

IP Logged

OldGrizzly

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #12 - 07/22/11 at 07:26:28
Post Tools
@toppy

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #11 - 07/22/11 at 01:44:45
Post Tools
glut wrote on 07/16/11 at 22:17:10:
is there any further feedback on this (as I am considering it for Summer pre-season and note carsten Hansen was fairly positive) - any thoughts would be appreciated

It was quite good, the weakest part of the rep was against the Samisch in which he offers the c5 gambit line, but like many authors/presenters before him he under estimates  White's resources should the gambit be simply accepted. Indeed the current state of play indicates that Black must play quite precisely in these pawn down endgames just to achieve a draw, whilst White cheerfully plays for two results. Bologan's DVD offers a more promising Samisch solution in my opinion, in fact, provided one could afford it I would say these two DVD's compliment each other very nicely indeed.

The Four Pawns Attack was well treated, and along the way he destroys some analysis given by Semko Semkov in his contoversial Kill KID: Vol 1 book. Funnily enough the Semkov line was already refuted on the forum and the refutation is even more convincing than Bojkov's. In Bojkov's line there is a glimmer of hope for White to play on if he treads a very narrow tight rope, in the forum line there is no rope, tight or otherwise.

I also like his suggestion against the Fianchetto, although it would make some sense to have a back up line just in case, as his recommendation leads to very sharp unclear play. Although sharp unclear play is usually just what the doctor ordered against practitioners of the Fianchetto variation, who tend to like to massage their positions and squeeze their opponents to death in a slow controlled methodical manner.

The Classical coverage was quite reliable if not a little boring. KID players usually like life a bit more exciting than this, but then again who says one need play only one line vs the Classical.

The lesser lines were all covered adequately as well, and in particular he did a good job on the currently trendy h3 lines for White in its many forms.

Tops Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

glut
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #10 - 07/16/11 at 22:17:10
Post Tools
is there any further feedback on this (as I am considering it for Summer pre-season and note carsten Hansen was fairly positive) - any thoughts would be appreciated

IP Logged

boki

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #9 - 04/06/11 at 14:33:53
Post Tools
I watched half of the DVD so far and it is definetly one of the better DVDs by chessbase ! Unlike our friends Davies and Martin he presents an interesting repertoire for black, in my opinion also in some coniderable depth, underlying the key ideas quite nicely. I am even considering giving the Kingsindian a second chance (I stoped playing it some years ago). I didnot check what Avrukh recomends agains his proposed g3-line, but my opinion is still very favourable Wink

IP Logged

ericmittens

Molto bene

Reply #8 - 03/18/11 at 19:01:23
Post Tools
Sure sure, but as far as I know there's been no one stop shop for any of these lines the way there has been for the Nc6 classical lines in works like Bologan/Vigorito/Gallagher etc etc.
You're right of course that these sources have covered Na6 before.

edit: I know Gallagher covered some Na6 lines, but his work is not so recent.

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #7 - 03/18/11 at 18:56:40
Post Tools
I wonder if by "the literature" you are including things like NIC Yearbook, Chess Publishing, Chessbase Magazine and Panczyk/Ilczuk's (non-repertoire) book on the Classical KID.

IP Logged

ericmittens

Molto bene

Reply #6 - 03/18/11 at 18:40:16
Post Tools
I quite like his suggestions, not the usual stuff you see everywhere. I'm not very familiar with the Na6 themes in the KID so I'm finding it quite informative and comprehensive enough for my needs. I do wish he focused more on the f6 ideas in the mainline classical instead of h6, but Perelshtyn and Vigorito have covered those in lectures on chesslecture.com, at least on the basic themes.

To me, chessbase DVDs are more about providing a useable skeleton repertoire to get you up and running, as well as explaining the basic ideas clearly. This DVD has done that well enough IMO, and has covered lines which to my knowledge have been underrepresented in the literature.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 03/12/11 at 07:53:47
Post Tools
I haven't liked it at all: not updated tips against Fianchetto and 4PA, the boring h6 instead f6 in the Classical Na6, Be3, Ng4, etc... I think it doesn't worth the money I've paid for.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #4 - 03/11/11 at 18:13:11
Post Tools
But he didn't read Avrukh! So his g3 proposal is not up to date

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo