Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Tango and Nimzo Indian question (Read 4140 times)
bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Re: Tango and Nimzo Indian question
Reply #2 - 03/19/13 at 09:04:29
Post Tools
I asked John Emms and yesterdays subscription update the Tango is covered with focues on 4 a3.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: Tango and Nimzo Indian question
Reply #1 - 03/03/13 at 21:35:54
Post Tools
I was wondering the same thing and asked Richard himself a week or so ago, but he said that he hadn't kept up with the theory.
There are some more recent games in the PGN Archive, but mostly on the Zurich Variation, Richard himself last did a Tango update for us in 2005.
Maybe someone should ask John Emms to look at it again?

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Tango and Nimzo Indian question
03/02/13 at 16:25:51
Post Tools
Last team match a FM in the opposing team recogniced my name from Dragon section of Chesspub and after that we both quickly finished our games (where I forced a draw in the Dragon when I didnt not se the winning move and he won quickly over one of my teammates) we chatted a bit. He showed me that it was possible to use the Tango as a companion to Nimzo Indian after 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nf3 Nc6

I do have Pallisers Tango book that I bought since I was interested in the Zurich variation of Qc2 Nimzo Indian.

The position after 3 Nf3 Nc6 can be reached via a Tango moveorder.

He quickly showed my that after 4 a3 black could swith plan to a good version of the Kingsindian with the move plan d6 g6 Bg7 0-0 Re8 e5 Nd4.

If 4 Nc3 simply Bb4 and we have a Nimzo position that is already a part om my repertour since I meet Nf3 Nimzo with Nc6 to get opponnets out of book and in my practical experince they rarely know that Qc2 is the possilbe most critical responce to Nc6.

If 4 g3 d5 leeds to a catalan positon where black is fine..

Does anyone know how theory of the position after 3 Nf3 Nc6 has developed since the Tango book?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo