Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Lifetime Repertoires: Queen's Gambit Declined (Read 1440 times)
Laramonet

Gwyddbwll am byth !

Re: Lifetime Repertoires: Queen's Gambit Declined
Reply #8 - 05/09/21 at 09:57:16
Post Tools
I'm enjoying the QuickStarter. There is a logic to the lines he has selected by in general following the Nbd7 plus c5 recipe where appropriate. I was really keen to see the Alatortsev recommended against the Exchange. I had done some research and found what I thought might be acceptable lines but Colovic goes for h4 Bh4 which is wild but I'm keen to try it out.
The Nbd7 + c5 recipe is also used against the Catalan, after Bb4+, Be7, 0-0. I haven't seen this line before and played Bb4+, Bd6, c6 in the last two games in which I faced the Catalan. It's certainly interesting and keeps the logical thread.

IP Logged

Laramonet

Gwyddbwll am byth !

Reply #7 - 05/03/21 at 20:00:25
Post Tools
I've got the course and have started working my way through the Quickstarter section. Happy with the choices so far and potentially prefer the anti-Reti and English lines to Ntirlis; never quite grabbed by e6, d5, Nf6, dc. Colovic's d4, combined with b6 versus b3, seems logical.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #6 - 03/05/21 at 07:16:34
Post Tools
doefmat wrote on 03/05/21 at 06:01:08:
I believe they tried getting Silman's course on there but Silman doesn't want it. Same goes for the Steps Method. Author doesn't want to get it digitalized. Pretty dumb imo.

As I see it, those are two good examples of works that are polished for their current medium, and would be worsened by putting them into chessable. It might move additional units, but the customer would be poorly served and the author's reputation would suffer. Both products are very highly regarded as is.

Of course you are aware I was referring to Silman only as a template, not the actual content.

IP Logged

doefmat

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 03/05/21 at 06:01:08
Post Tools
an ordinary chessplayer wrote on 02/24/21 at 15:39:39:
I have too many opinions. (a) The one course they should be offering is "Complete Guide to Creating an Opening Repertoire", structured by level the same as Silman's Complete Endgame Course: From Beginner to Expert. But I can see why they don't want to do that one. (b) Given that videos have low information density, there's no way 25 hours of video can more than scratch the surface of this repertoire. The GM could easily do five hours on the Carlsbad alone...

I believe they tried getting Silman's course on there but Silman doesn't want it. Same goes for the Steps Method. Author doesn't want to get it digitalized. Pretty dumb imo.

IP Logged

Laramonet

Gwyddbwll am byth !

Reply #4 - 02/25/21 at 16:07:18
Post Tools
I haven't got it and no spaces left for the Short and Sweet version. I guess it could be seen as a supplement to the Ntirlis Quality Chess book "Playing 1.d4 d5". Picking up on LeeRoth's point, I've used the ....,c6 main lines from Ntirlis, giving a little more chance spice, though not going as far as a Semi-Slav !

IP Logged

LeeRoth
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #3 - 02/24/21 at 17:47:45
Post Tools
Pantu wrote on 02/24/21 at 13:59:09:
Probably this should be in the QGD section? There is a short and sweet version now that I had a look in:

Exchange 3.Nc3 Be7
QGD 5.Bf4 - 6...Nbd7
QGD 5.Bg5 - the Kramnik ...h6/...Nbd7/...c5 approach, but no indication as to why he allows the Bxf6 lines.
Catalan 4.g3 Bb4+-Be7

Thanks Pantu.  Very helpful. 

My hesitancy is the Kramnik approach to Bg5.  Doesn’t seem to offer Black much in the way of winning chances.  If anyone has the full course, would appreciate hearing if  there is any attempt to spice up this line or maybe an alternative line for use when wanting to play more sharply.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer
God Member

I used to be not bad.

Reply #2 - 02/24/21 at 15:39:39
Post Tools
I have too many opinions. (a) The one course they should be offering is "Complete Guide to Creating an Opening Repertoire", structured by level the same as Silman's Complete Endgame Course: From Beginner to Expert. But I can see why they don't want to do that one. (b) Given that videos have low information density, there's no way 25 hours of video can more than scratch the surface of this repertoire. The GM could easily do five hours on the Carlsbad alone...

IP Logged

Pantu

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 02/24/21 at 13:59:09
Post Tools
Probably this should be in the QGD section? There is a short and sweet version now that I had a look in:

Exchange 3.Nc3 Be7
QGD 5.Bf4 - 6...Nbd7
QGD 5.Bg5 - the Kramnik ...h6/...Nbd7/...c5 approach, but no indication as to why he allows the Bxf6 lines.
Catalan 4.g3 Bb4+-Be7

IP Logged

alyechin

I Love ChessPublishing!

Lifetime Repertoires: Queen's Gambit Declined
02/24/21 at 11:42:50
Post Tools
25h 10 min
491 variations

00 - Introduction
000- Quickstarter Guide
01 - Chapter 1: The Exchange Variation
02 - Chapter 2: The Main Line: 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bxf6
03 - Chapter 3: The Main Line: 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bh4
04 - Chapter 4: The Main Line: 5.Bf4
05 - Chapter 5: The Main Line: 5.Various
06 - Chapter 6: The Catalan
07 - Chapter 7: The London System
08 - Chapter 8: Reti Opening
09 - Chapter 9: The King's Indian Attack
10 - Chapter 10: Various 2nd Moves
11 - Chapter 11: Nimzowitsch-Larsen Opening
12 - Chapter 12: Bird's Opening
13 - Chapter 13: Various 1st Moves
14 - Model Games

Any opinions?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo