Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Software for teaching chess online? (Read 1889 times)
Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Re: Software for teaching chess online?
Reply #3 - 10/11/05 at 09:02:22
Post Tools
CI,

I'm sorry, but I have no idea about Chess21.com.  I'm also not sure about how you set things up for your students. 

In the servers I know about, you can set up a position and save it in your game history.  That way, you can call it up whenever you are ready to use it.  Just have your student "follow" you.  You can also allow takebacks in ICC and FICS.

IP Logged

ChessInstructor

Reply #2 - 10/11/05 at 08:56:07
Post Tools
hello Smyslov_Fan,

I am a paid member of chess21.com, and surely can draw arrow etc after the game is finished.

but the one that I can't is :
to set up a position instantly ie : the specific position where White to move & mate in 3 for instance.

- also during middle of the game, let the student take back his move to explain his mistakes, then find other good move.

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #1 - 10/11/05 at 08:15:33
Post Tools
I'm guessing that you don't want to use ICC or playchess because they both require fees.  Another option is the Free Internet Chess Server which also has takeback options and the ability to draw pretty arrows and circles!

IP Logged

ChessInstructor

Software for teaching chess online?
10/11/05 at 07:46:05
Post Tools
hello all,

when we want to teach chess by internet/online, what software do we use as interface to communicate with student, besides using playchess or ICC etc ?

I mean : besides using webcam and audio, I need  the tools for setting up a specific position at the board, or take back move then continue from that point to explain something, etc

thanks.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo