Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Black Rep with the Alekhine Advice (Read 2658 times)
thibdb13
God Member

Tal was the best

Re: Black Rep with the Alekhine Advice
Reply #4 - 01/04/10 at 08:36:05
Post Tools
By the way, if you are loking for some litterature, I'd recommend to you Baguirov's book (if you can understand russian). It is a very good source of inspiration and will help you understand the principles of this opening (but this book only is not sufficient because of being a bit outdated).

Yusupov once said that “The problem with the Dutch Defence is that later in many positions the best move would be ...f5-f7” but he is surely wrong.

IP Logged

thibdb13
God Member

Tal was the best

Reply #3 - 01/04/10 at 08:33:17
Post Tools
You'll find hereunder what I am playing. I'd not say these are the best variations but I am quite happy with my results:
1. Four pawns attack: 5...dxe5 6...Nc6 & 7...Bf5 (or Bg4 in case of Nf3)
2. Chase variation: c6 and d6 (but never got it OTB)
3. Exchange: cxd6
4. Main line: 4.Nf3-g6. (Alburt variation). It might be theoretically suspect but as I said in another thread it is quite good at my level (1800-1900)
5. Other third moves: 3.Nc3-Nxc3 / 3. Bc4-Nb6 I do not like playing against 3.Nc3 because you get an open game (black will have to play e5 quite soon) and I do not like these positions with black - too dry to my taste  Smiley
6. 2.Nc3: As I said before, I don't like the open games and so I go for 2.d5 and after 3.e5, then Nfd7 getting something like a French (advance or classical with a tempo more but not sure it is really important). There is a big trap for white in this variation and I am amazed how often white falls in it in blitz games: 1.e4-Nf6 2.Nc3-d5 3.e5-Nfd7 4.d4-c5 5.Nxd5-cxd4 6.Qd4-Nb6 and white loses a piece.

Yusupov once said that “The problem with the Dutch Defence is that later in many positions the best move would be ...f5-f7” but he is surely wrong.

IP Logged

Reverse

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 12/30/09 at 21:07:03
Post Tools
My main opening is the pric, but I played the 1...e5 for years. It makes sense to go into a vienna; im not sure i would have thought to do that thanks.

IP Logged

Schaakhamster
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 12/30/09 at 20:33:10
Post Tools
Complicated, interesting, imbalanced positions: well most Alekhine lines are just that. My advice: play around a bit and go with whatever you like. Most lines are theoretical difficult for black but you'll get practical chances anyway.

edit: if you have some knowledge of open games: play 1. e4 Nf6 2. Nc3 e5.

IP Logged

Reverse

I Love ChessPublishing!

Black Rep with the Alekhine Advice
12/30/09 at 19:26:32
Post Tools
Hey Guys. I am taking the alekhine, so for someone who enjoys playing Complicated, interesting, imbalanced positions what lines of the alekhine would you recommend against the following lines:

1. Four Pawns Attack
2. Chase Variation
3. exchange variation
4. Main line 1 e4 Nf6 2 e5 Nd5 3 d4 etc...
5. 1 e4 Nf6 2 e5 Nd5 3 Nc3/Bc4
6 1 e4 Nf6 2 Nc3

Let me know if I am missing any lines here! Thanks for the help

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo