Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I am going to learn Alekhine defense (Read 20456 times)
lg
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: I am going to learn Alekhine defense
Reply #5 - 01/08/12 at 22:03:47
Post Tools
dimis

which book are you referring to when you say
"Alekhine Move by Move"

IP Logged

dimis
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/08/12 at 17:28:50
Post Tools
I want also to play this defence,so I have this question.
Do you suggest to read ALekhine  alert and ALekhine  move by move?

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #3 - 01/08/12 at 11:56:13
Post Tools
White to equalice easy is there a missprint? I dont know any white players that plays any opening to equalice? That you have a good score is that you are the better player or understands this position better .However it s true that black is close to equal by accurate play and black can still win if he plays better than opponnet in both exd6 and cxd6 line. I have very good stats against both captures and I even made the given FM enough troubles in cxd6 line so he switched to exd6 when he also has some troubles....

IP Logged

Bowen

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 01/07/12 at 17:58:58
Post Tools
I have a large plus score as Black against my opponents ranked, 1800-2200 over the last three years, when they play Bragesjo's exchange variation line. A lot of White players take it for granted that they will equalize easily and seem to put very little work into preparing it. Tim Taylor's Alekhine Alert book by Everyman offers a good response to this line for Black. As few players meet the Alekhine in a year they are often not well versed in its intricacies when they do encounter it over the board. In the 30 odd games I have played with White, always 1. e4, in the past two years I have yet to meet anyone who has played the Alekhine against me.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #1 - 01/02/12 at 08:28:12
Post Tools
About Alekine, the strongest player at local club (a FM) always plays it with a good score so that might be a good option. Most white repertour books recommends the exchange variation 1 e4 Nf6 2 d4 d6 3 c4 Nb6 4 exd6. In that line it is difficult for black to play for a win, I drew him very easy last year in the cxd6 line and in the next game he played exd6 instead where I got a slightly better position but made a blunder 15 moves later and lost.  I think you swith opening a bit to often.

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

I am going to learn Alekhine defense
01/02/12 at 05:48:34
Post Tools
Hi guys for long i have been thinking what to play to be able to win against e4

I first studied e4 e5  it was good ...i got same space as white so i liked it but later i found that most of time i got symmetrical structure so i dropped it.

Then i moved to  sicilian it was good also but too theoritical so i had to leave.

Then i learnt caro-cann  its superb and still its my main repertoire but the problem is that its difficult to play for a win in the Nc3 classical line and those who know that i play caro they simply play the Nc3 caro cann main line and i end up drawing at best.

Now i am thinking to play Alekhine defense and i heard that its not only  a defense but also an counter attack from the very first move also it does not give symettrical position and gives me a chance to fight from the very beginning.

Guys tell me more about ALekhine defense and is it a good choice to win against players under 2000 level?and also recommend some good books on this subject please Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo