Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New Taimanov book by Markus, Perunovic & Ivanisevi (Read 12190 times)
Lauri Torni

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Re: New Taimanov book by Markus, Perunovic & Ivanisevi
Reply #14 - 07/23/16 at 13:49:42
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 07/21/16 at 14:09:16:
AJWZ wrote on 07/20/16 at 21:41:05:
bragesjo wrote on 07/20/16 at 07:44:31:
At Internet i bashes out Caro Kann in Karpov style as a temporary solution intill i decide.

Caro-Kann is not that great recently, because of 3. e5 madness where there are many dangerous/not standard Caro lines for Black.
French is good theoretically but not to everyone's taste.
1...e5 is so simetrical for the Sicilian player and easy to play for White.
1...d6 & 1...g6 are complicated and White has many ways to combat them.
1...Nf6, 1...b6, 1...Nc6 are quite unpredictable too.
All the options have theirs drawbacks.
Maybe something in Sicilian family? Recently I have made  preparation against all the Anti-Sicilians and they're theoretically really toothless - I've chosen 2...d6 against 2. Nc3, 3...Bd7 against 3.Bb5+ lines and 2...d5 with 4...g6 idea against 2.c3 - mostly ...g6-Bg7 lines which fit to the Dragon against Open Sicilian.
My second weapon against 1.e4 and a way to play mainly against weaker opponents is Pirc/Modern complex which also corresponds with my 1.d4 d6 Leningrad Dutch moveorder.
If you have a problem with any Dragon or Anti-Sicilian line, I would be happy to help - better pm me, because we are still in Taimanov book thread  Wink.

I agree that there are no good openings Smiley

In Caro Kann my eperience is the mostly played lines are mainline with Nc3 or Nd2, Advanced or Panov . Sometimes they also plays KIA, exchange or f3. Other lines are less common but appear on regular basis.

Vs Mainline Nc3 or Nd2 I go for Smyslov variation where the position is unclear in some lines and equal in others.
Vs Panov I play Nimzo Indian style. Its dangerues vs strong players but my experience is that 1 e4 players handles IQP positions less good than 1 d4 players.
Vs Advance I play c5 at once. Is objectievly slightly better for white but I hardly met any critical lines yet in over 100 games.

This is my problem too. All black openings against e4 have been refuted Sad
I play the french until I find something better.

1.Nf3! -  beat your opponent by killing his zest for life.

IP Logged

Lauri Torni

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Reply #13 - 07/23/16 at 13:47:17
Post Tools
In the Taimanov g3-variation -Nxd4 + Bc5 equalizes easily. Unless there are some big novelties I'm not aware of.

1.Nf3! -  beat your opponent by killing his zest for life.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #12 - 07/21/16 at 14:09:16
Post Tools
AJWZ wrote on 07/20/16 at 21:41:05:
At Internet i bashes out Caro Kann in Karpov style as a temporary solution intill i decide.

Caro-Kann is not that great recently, because of 3. e5 madness where there are many dangerous/not standard Caro lines for Black.
Maybe something in Sicilian family? Recently I have made  preparation against all the Anti-Sicilians and they're theoretically really toothless - I've chosen 2...d6 against 2. Nc3, 3...Bd7 against 3.Bb5+ lines and 2...d5 with 4...g6 idea against 2.c3 - mostly ...g6-Bg7 lines which fit to the Dragon against Open Sicilian.
My second weapon against 1.e4 and a way to play mainly against weaker opponents is Pirc/Modern complex which also corresponds with my 1.d4 d6 Leningrad Dutch moveorder.
If you have a problem with any Dragon or Anti-Sicilian line, I would be happy to help - better pm me, because we are still in Taimanov book thread  Wink.

I agree that there are no good openings Smiley

In Caro Kann my eperience is the mostly played lines are mainline with Nc3 or Nd2, Advanced or Panov . Sometimes they also plays KIA, exchange or f3. Other lines are less common but appear on regular basis.

Vs Mainline Nc3 or Nd2 I go for Smyslov variation where the position is unclear in some lines and equal in others.
Vs Panov I play Nimzo Indian style. Its dangerues vs strong players but my experience is that 1 e4 players handles IQP positions less good than 1 d4 players.
Vs Advance I play c5 at once. Is objectievly slightly better for white but I hardly met any critical lines yet in over 100 games.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #11 - 07/21/16 at 13:53:49
Post Tools
AJWZ wrote on 07/20/16 at 21:02:21:
The line is in the book and is indeed in the h5 line.
White gets a comfortable += position where black lacks counterplay after a strong TN in 0-0 h4 Re1 line.

I thought the book is written from Black perspective - are the authors think that g3 variation against the Taimanov is +=? Or am I missing something from your opinion on the book?

Every line in  the Taimanov is covered for both sides with some black recommendations.
The += line I think of is also gven as += in the book.

IP Logged

AJWZ

Reply #10 - 07/20/16 at 21:41:05
Post Tools

IP Logged

AJWZ

Reply #9 - 07/20/16 at 21:02:21
Post Tools
White gets a comfortable += position where black lacks counterplay after a strong TN in 0-0 h4 Re1 line.

I thought the book is written from Black perspective - are the authors think that g3 variation against the Taimanov is +=? Or am I missing something from your opinion on the book?

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #8 - 07/20/16 at 07:44:31
Post Tools

I have not decided what my mainweapon should be instead.
But I will not play Dragon or Najrdorf since these line requered too much work in both open as vs anti sicilians.

IP Logged

AJWZ

Reply #7 - 07/19/16 at 19:23:46
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 07/19/16 at 15:18:28:
I bought the book and after reading it I changed my white(!) repertour agianst Taimanov and stoped playing it with black!

I dont think the opening is refuted but the line I liked for black in vs g3 system does not look good to play becoouse of a TN.
There are other black systems that are playable vs g3 but I rather play white there since he has the easier game.

And the TN in g3 variation when Black plays ...h5 line is? Is the TN in the book or you found it?
I wonder what now you're playing against 1.e4 - are you returning to the Dragon?  Shocked

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #6 - 07/19/16 at 15:18:28
Post Tools
I bought the book and after reading it I changed my white(!) repertour agianst Taimanov and stoped playing it with black!

I dont think the opening is refuted but the line I liked for black in vs g3 system does not look good to play becoouse of a TN.
There are other black systems that are playable vs g3 but I rather play white there since he has the easier game.

IP Logged

tipau

I Like ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 06/12/16 at 20:18:35
Post Tools
Has anyone seen this book? Is it worth considering for a prospective Taimanov player?

There's a pdf extract (http://we-fix.be/Thinkers/Teaser%20-%20The%20Taimanov%20Bible.pdf) with the contents and sample analysis. The layout doesn't seem so bad to me as earlier posts feared.

The main option against 6.Be2 appears to be 6...a6 7.0-0 Nf6 8.Be3 Bb4 9.Na4 0-0 (9...Be7 also covered) when I thought Black was under some pressure after 10.c4 Be7 11.Nc3...

Contents
Key to Symbols used & Bibliography...4
Preface...6
Chapter 1 – Various 5th moves... 9
Chapter 2 – Various 6th moves...45
Chapter 3 – Fianchetto system ...51
Chapter 4 – 6. f4 line ...103
Chapter 5 – 6. Be3 & 7. Bd3 system ...123
Chapter 6 – English attack 8. f4...157
Chapter 7 – English attack (main line 9... Ne5)...165
Chapter 8 – English attack (main line 9... 0-0) ...199
Chapter 9 – Latest fashion 7. Qf3 ...239
Chapter 10 – Classical system 6. Be2 (sidelines)...259
Chapter 11 – Classical system 6. Be2 (with 9. Nxc6)...281
Chapter 12 – Classical system 6. Be2 (with 9. Na4 Be7) ...289
Chapter 13 – Classical system 6. Be2 (with 9. Na4 0-0)...311
Exercises...347
Solutions...353

FIDE: ~2100

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #4 - 12/27/15 at 11:10:35
Post Tools
Pity really. As paddy notes below, it looked like they had put some effort into the analysis. But, well, difficult to know really, not being able to follow it.
Here's hoping they learn a lesson.

Or just hand stuff over to Chess Stars / QC to present it.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 12/27/15 at 07:39:48
Post Tools
I agree, it's a chaos. Impossible to follow.

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #2 - 12/26/15 at 11:23:40
Post Tools
Agree that the Rauzer one was an utter mess. Worst layout since the Kalashnikov book by those French guys.
Impossible to follow.

Taimanov book out yet? Any sightings?

IP Logged

Paddy
God Member

The truth will out!

Reply #1 - 11/21/15 at 15:01:26
Post Tools
Hmmm, agreed, the Kozul/Jankovic book is packed with information and one could not wish for better-qualified authors for a book on the Richter-Rauser, but I find it really hard going. In fact I don't find it at all user-friendly.

I suggest the publishers revise it completely for a second edition along the line of a typical Chess Stars book, or else just sell it off to the Chess Stars people and let them present the material in their usual clear manner!

One hopes that the pubishers have learnt some lessons, so that the new Taimanov book is better designed.

IP Logged

Konstriktor

I Love ChessPublishing!

New Taimanov book by Markus, Perunovic & Ivanisevi
11/20/15 at 07:54:41
Post Tools
This one looks interesting!

http://thinkerspublishing.com/images/content/3.jpg

The book on the Rauzer-Kozul looked very comprehensive, so I am very curious about this one.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo