Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The Complete Bogo-Indian (Read 2222 times)
HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

Re: The Complete Bogo-Indian
Reply #1 - 01/06/21 at 14:30:19
Post Tools
I will have to give some of the mainlines some careful reading before I pass judgment, but it doesn't seem very ... complete.

After 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 Bb4+ 4.Bd2 a5 5.a3, for example (which may not be the most important line, but is surely worth some attention), The line sort of peters out after 5...Bxd2+ 6.Qxd2, when the only move given any attention is 6...b6. In his Nimzo/Bogo repertoire, Sielecki recommends 6...0-0, which doesn't receive so much as a mention (not even by transposition).

Nor do I see 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 Bb4+ 4.Nbd2 d6 (also Sielecki's repertoire) anywhere. Indeed, games I've played previously with the Bogo-Indian run out somewhere between moves 8 and 10. I like the historical introduction, but I don't think there's nearly enough analysis or investigation of variations to call this even "somewhat comprehensive." And the commentary is, in general, quite light.

I'll give it some more concentrated study, but my first impressions are not terribly positive.

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

MW

I Love ChessPublishing!

The Complete Bogo-Indian
02/11/20 at 04:44:02
Post Tools
Does anyone have this new book by Chetverik Maxmim, if so what do you think of it?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo